Weapon Vzor58P...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

(-PzK-)Shepard

((ITA))
Nov 21, 2004
hello with all, here,
I have create already some time with 3dsM a model of weapon, SaCzVz58P(weapon Czechoslovak strongly resembling Ak-47, but of a design and a completely different precision), as I cannot animate and to texture I give you my address email and I will send to you the model by email (cpl_shepard@hotmail.com) for those which Ca will interest to finish it. Thank you.

ps: text translate by Google

Attachments

• ALLVzor58P.bmp
    213.6 KB · Views: 109

(-PzK-)Shepard

((ITA))
Nov 21, 2004
Hello geogob, I know not how much it has polygons, but if you are interested by my model that I made, gives to me your adress email (mine is already registered) and I you it sending in rar file. Thank you

Attachments

• Vzor58P.gif
    Vzor58P.gif
    82.7 KB · Views: 43

(-PzK-)Shepard

((ITA))
Nov 21, 2004
Good considering the number of anybody having answered, I believe that nobody is interested, that done anything... :mad:

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I'm sorry for public lack of enthusiasm. The moddel looks good to me (although I'm hardly a good judge)

The problem is: There are lots of models (some textured already) floating around. The hard part is animating and coding them. (IIRC Duke is the only coder doing 3rd party weapons)

There is an older thread somewhere with at least 15 gunmodels...

So don't take this personal or as a disrespect to your work... it's just that models aren't the bottleneck.

(-PzK-)Shepard

((ITA))
Nov 21, 2004
It was right to see whether somebody wanted to finish it well... but good it is not serious... moreover I wanted right statement, that this model of weapon and the least known of large public, since it saw very little war and battle, the Afghan army with adopt this weapon (58V folding buttstock) after their recent conflict against USA. (the only game where have can see this weapon is in: Operation Flashpoint and Ghost Recon island thunder). This weapon is undoubtedly the best gauges 7,62x39 of it.

(-PzK-)Shepard

((ITA))
Nov 21, 2004
I forgot to say that if I knew animate, skinning and integrate it in the engine of UT I will never have ask it to you to do it in my place!, it is juse which with a tutorial does not exist in French!

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Also (-PzK-)Shepard the lake of response for such a thread can be due to the fact that the people who are the best judge and actually work with this stuff are busy getting things done. Such a post could have no response for a long while then suddenly get many responses.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
yo shepard , i think the lack of response is based by the fact that a model takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to be ingame, knowing that the inf mod team has alot of ready models
but it looks nice ;)

(-PzK-)Shepard

((ITA))
Nov 21, 2004
it is right which I shares with the army :crazydance: in 1 month, during 1 year and that I could even that very seldom the forum, then if somebody want this model of weapons it is now (until March 20 after goodbye more INF :mad: ) even if you do not occupy yourselves any immediately and that you keep it with the heat to finish it later...

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
I have been interested in coding or doing something for INF. I know I got the brains I just need the know how. I was either thinking about learning how to code UT or learning how to skin to make some new faces for INF.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Ok, donc je comprends que le français serait plus facile pour toi ;)

Est-ce que je me trompe?
Comme je te dis, le model est super beau... plus beau que la plupart des models actuels dans INF. Le problème est que le nombre de polygones qu'un modèle peut avoir dans UT est relativement limité (raison: performance). Par polygones j'entends les différentes facettes du model 3d. La règle du pouce est une limite d'environ 1000 polygones. Ton model à l'air d'en avoir au moins 3 fois plus. Ce serait certainement un bon model pour la prochaine version de INF (sur Source).

Même avec un model plus simple, il reste tout le problème de skin, d'animation et de code. Ceci peut prendre beaucoup de temps et la plupart des gens qui sont en mesure de faire cela sont déjà impliqué dans diverses projets.

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
Translation:

Ok, therefore I understand that the French would be easier for you

Do I be mistaken? As I say you, the model is beautiful great... more beautiful than most of the current models in INF. The problem is that the number of polygones that a model can have in UT comparatively is limited (reason: performance). By polygones I hear the different facets of the model 3D. The rule of the thumb is a limit of about 1000 polygones. Your model to the air of in to have at least 3 times more. This would be certainly a good model for the next version of INF (on Source).

Even with a SIMPLER model, there remains the whole problem of skin, of organization and of code. This can take a lot of times and most of the people that are in a position to do that already are implied in various projects.

(-PzK-)Shepard

((ITA))
Nov 21, 2004
do I do not know how much of polygons with my model? :eek: how I lets to know under 3d Studio max 6? thank you follows I would say to you how much it has polygon... :D

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
3D Max 7 which should be the same as 6. On the far right click on the hammer->more->poly counter

It will show the number of polys for the selected object and will show for everything in scene. Aslo you can choose triangles of polys.