The deal of the day.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
This customer of mine calls me on the phone and wants me to ID some memory sticks he has in hand. I get from the info he reads off them that they are DDR400 sticks, buts that`s about all. So I ask him to bring them over and I`d test them out and see what`s up with them. he drops them off and he had 5 sticks of 512mb DDR400, brand new, under the ubber brand name of NEO Computers.
I test 4 sticks in the SLI system and they run out better then the OZC EBs I had in there! :eek: I got 2gigs in there running dual channel @ 235HTT @ 2.7 default volts at CAS 2.5-3-3-7.
Now for the better news. :)
He sold me all 5 sticks for $75.00!!

/me does happy dance

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
He calls me up today and asks how much to reformat his old Gateway P5-166 machine.
I was going to say "I normally get $50.00 to reformat and load the OS and all drivers, but seeing as how you gave me such a great deal I`ll do it for half that." ...but I only got as far as the "$50.00 to reformat" and he jumped in and cut me off and said "Okay, I`ll bring it right down"
Some people are born yesterday. :p

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
yeah... but still, you're ripping these people off. Whenever I do shady deals with green leafs I never rip 'customers' off. Infact most people aren't aware of the street price AND are used to really crappy 'green stuff'. I could rip these noobs off in any possible way I can think of... but I don't do it... Ruk, you need more honour...

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
He set the price, not me. And the price was 2 hrs worth of labor on his car and a bolt kit which cost me $5.00, $75.00 total. He knew what his bill was and still offered to trade me the sticks for his bill on his car, what was I going to say??? no??

Don`t sell that green leafy sheet man, you`ll go to jail.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Are you telling me that if some guy came to you and said "I will pay you $15,000 to build me a computer." you would refuse because of your honor? I mean, come on, the guy is OFFERING you the money for it, not asking what you could do it for.

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Sweet!
Between adding the 2gigs of memory and the new drivers, I`ve been able to top all my best scores. All on air, no MODS, and all off the shelf parts.
22,195 in 03, 10,350 in 05 and 27,641 in 01. That 05 score is like the 10th fastest of any CPU and any 6800 series VC (including Ultra cards) at futuremark. Couldn`t be happier at all...now when I move it over to the Vapo unit and asetek makes their VC adapter. :)

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Balton said:
yeah... but still, you're ripping these people off. Whenever I do shady deals with green leafs I never rip 'customers' off. Infact most people aren't aware of the street price AND are used to really crappy 'green stuff'. I could rip these noobs off in any possible way I can think of... but I don't do it... Ruk, you need more honour...

I'm not entirely certain that this guy actually bought the sticks. He probably "found them" "discovered them" "got them from someone else through trade" or "stole them" and otherwise did not realise the value of them.

Seriously I know a guy at school who was selling brand new Dell 1.6ghz Pentium M 17" Laptops with 512mb of ram and a 60 gig hd for $150 a pop. He had 5 of them and he is getting more. Us college students tore that deal up. I think they are hot (probably why he doesnt ebay them), but he has a story behind why he is selling them so cheap. Each laptop sells for $1,400 on Dells site.

So what would you do?
Buy one and keep it ... or buy one and sell it for a little less than what its worth.... Or would you just walk away.