Share your secrets and mad skillz 'ere

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
here's another:

don't feign dead in a battle area /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

gramps|PuF out...

[This message has been edited by gramps (edited 04-18-2000).]

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Practice

<LI>Practice

<LI>Practice

<LI>Practice

<LI>Practice

<LI>Practice
</UL>

That's about it. Remember to play with real folks as much as possible - there are some servers out there that have ngStats off, so you can play your heart out without worrying about your rankings. Me, I could care less about it, I play for the fun, and for the kill....

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"
PuF: Bring on the pain!

Azmo

ul+ra l33+
Mar 27, 2000
Netherlands
I have a good tactic for CTF-Face:

Get a lot of Sniper Rifle ammo and go to the side of your base. There's a corner where you can take cover. Now you can shoot opponents directly when they respawn!

Try this on a server with a lot of players.

Or, you can go through a teleporter in the enemy's base, load up your impact hammer and wait behind the teleporter for someone to come through. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I do this ALL the time! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

Azmo

ul+ra l33+
Mar 27, 2000
Netherlands
*LOL!*

Gotcha there! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

A really nifty trick for Face is to run in and out of the Redeemer room every minute or so. You'll be able to see any opponent coming in advance, while they probably won't see you. You can then load up some rockets as a welcoming gift and release when needed.

Make sure you didn't pick up Redeemer before preparing your "surprise".

bullet2.gif

disgust.gif
Don't make me kick your bud...

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
1) Get armor. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

2) Be a "dick". In CTF, I enjoy being the "fly in the ointment", buzzing about the enemy base, causing confusion and drawing fire so my team mates can cap the flag. Try taking all the enemy's goodies, like their health, armor, and weapons. Leaves them in the cold when they respawn. (And yes, I go easy on spawners and avoid spawn killing. Most of the time! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif ) Especially fun on Face, Eternal Caves, and Lavagiant.

bullet2.gif

I don't like the drugs but the drung like me...

[This message has been edited by el Gato (edited 04-18-2000).]

Bounca

Unemployed Loser
Jan 18, 2000
Visit site
Coprrecto'mundo...rooster, a serious response. In defense of the impact hammer idea. I like it cause it upsets so many people it distracts them and they make it there primary mission in life to get me out of there. (I love the attention) Thus, possibly easing enemy aggression on my teammates. The fly in the ointment idea rings true.

Besides, its a cheesy, campin, lame o thing to do for such a worthy lame map. It's the only lame thing I do in UT, I'm allowed.

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
Ok, give with the knowledge people.

Post cool things like hidden game items, secret tactics, translocation shortcuts and so on....

------------------
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

G

GunnerX

Here's an easy hint that will help you throughout your UT carreer.

Don't get killed!! /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

bullet2.gif

imu2.gif
[MUTTS]GunnerX

"AAaaawwoooooooo!"

Guysmily

Nov 30, 1999
Chicago, Il, USA
Visit site
CTF-Command. My best CTF map.

Use the vent shaft behind the blue flag to translocate between bases. If your on blue just shoot the locator down the shaft. If your on red shoot it up on the ledge, translocate, then shoot it again to get our from underneath the vent. By using this technique, I always end up the most points by the end of the game.

CTF Face.

Telepunt from the top of your base to reach the second from the top of your enemy base. Also if you want to be a jack *** teleport ontop of your enemys tower (in the flame), and take out anyone who wants to snipe(hardly anyone will ever look up at you).

bullet2.gif

Death awaits you all with big, nasty, pointy teeth.

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
Thanks Guysmily, your the only person who has posted with the kind of reply I had in mind. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
Ok..this is one of my very few "tricks", so I'll share with you all. It's for Face, of course. I always see people getting the flag, running out the teleporter to the top of the base, then bouncing, one ledge at a time, to the bottom.

Here's a better way. Get the flag, go to the top(grab the armor if it's there), then drop down ONE ledge. Move to the back of the tower, throw your teleporter to the widest part of the ground behind the base. Once it hits the ground jump off(I use dodge forward for maximum clearance). Make sure you are far enough away from the base to be directly over ground, and not a lower ledge, and t/l to your beacon. Wait a few seconds and the flag will come falling to the ground. Pick it up, run around the side, and back to your base. It helps to have a nuke to cover your tail, and for your teamates to know what side your coming out on also.

Now you've made it all the way to the ground with the flag, and you haven't damaged yourself by misjudging the next step, and it's faster.

Also, if you're seriously damaged while picking up the flag, STAY ON THE FIRST LEDGE. Tell your teammates to meat you behind the enemy base. When they arrive, perform the trick, and let one of them pick it up. They run it, you provide cover.

I KNOW some of you have got to know this, but I never see it done online, so there it is. My one and only secret on Face is now revealed.

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
Oh yah...here's one for Command.

Ever wonder why everyone complains all the time about it being so unbalanced? Well, it's not just because you can sneak the blue flag out the "back door". Everyone knows that blue has a Damage amp, right? Well...did you know red has one also? Not only that, but red also has an Invisibility! And the quickest access to the shield belt(which I'm assuming you know the location of.) I'll leave it to you to hunt for these power ups if you don't know where they are, but let me just say, when you find one of them, you'll know EXACTLY where the other one is. Happy hunting, and now you'll know why no one likes Command.

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
On Face, I've been known to just become a dirt torpedo if a team mate is down below and I have under 10 life left. SC - didnt you just hang out on the top backside of our base in Face the other night for like 4 minutes? I couldn't figure out what you were waiting for! So I went up with your flag and killed your happy butt. Then returned mine, which of course was promptly swiped away again. *sigh*

As well, it's amazing how many people DON'T know where the Keg-o'-Health and Damage Amp are on Lava Giant.

bullet2.gif

Map Reviewer for Capture

Marshall

Apr 13, 2000
Visit site
Here's a few:

CTF-Dreary: If you jump on the downward ramp that leads out of each base in *exactly* the right spot, you will sort of "catch" on the ledge above. Another small jump will get you the rest of the way up. This allows you to keep your weapon out the whole time you go into and out of the enemy base. No translocation or special jumping technique is required, and if done properly it's surprisingly fast. It also has the very beneficial effect of completely leaving behind anyone who doesn't know the trick, allowing several unpursued seconds to get back to your own base.

DOM-MetalDream: The largest lift up from the inside of the oil platform takes you out into an area with some crates. There's some really good stuff on the crates (a shield belt and 20 flak shells), but the only way onto them is translocation or some barrels off to one side. Both of these options take a while to execute. If you jump while the lift is still carrying you up, however, the extra boost takes you right up onto the crates. Very handy, and very fast.

DM-StalwartXL: The flak cannon is placed on a high shelf out in the "garage" area. It always amazes me to see people trying to take the tortuous route up there (into an alcove, onto a fence, onto the shelf and across) when you can just reach it by jumping off the small ledge right in front of it. you can just *barely* reach it, but it's still pretty easy to do.

DM-Barricade: Try shooting the ripper at the beveled edges of the window into the sniper rifle nest (from the outside). Very interesting things happen, with unfortunate consequences for anyone therein.

UT is full of these little goodies. I often wonder if they're accidental or designed, or perhaps a combination of both.

O

osirus

im sure everyone know's this by now but i like to...

load up on rockets, flak shells, or a redeamer.

run into the the opposing base before going to the flag hop around like an idiot. and while you're doing that throw the trans somewhere close to the flag, not too close. if you're hoping like an idiot (or teleporting) it wont be noticed as much.

then run grab the flag, hop around some more then teleport away. then quicky turn and look at the flag. most times people will flock to the flag like it's some sort of god. then you just unload whatever weapon you want on the enemies. pick up the flag and be on your way...

bullet2.gif

Potshots, where stupidity is kool...