I have UT2004 version 3339 and i STILL CANT PLAY UTXMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeCS

[c]dude[s]
Jan 31, 2004
:mad:

OK. I had version 3339 to begin with before i installed UTXMP, so i thought i would be safe. I go to play a match and the game crashes when i try to deploy. I looked for a solution to this and the solution was (as quoted from this forum) "install UT2004 3339 patch". I checked my version in UT2004 and sure enough, i HAD 3339 ALREADY installed. So i re-install the patch, fire up UTXMP again and the game crashes...again :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am out of ideas of how to fix this...does someone else have a better solution? if so the help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Dubious

Salamander Saver!
Sep 12, 2003
At this point I would consider a re-install. The solution you already tried has worked for the majority of people.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
What other information can you offer? What server? What map? Whats the error your getting.

Also, if your trying to do Instant Action...well...I have that problem too. My other computer does not. The one with the problem, no map at all will play under Instant Action. Removing and reinstalling UTXMP might fix that.

Hope that helps.

dudeCS

[c]dude[s]
Jan 31, 2004
thanks for the reply :)

As for further info, here is the error i get (without quotes of course):

"InPos>Size in FFileManagerWindows. This error is probably due to either your computer overheating, or a corrupted installation of your game. If this error persists, please try re-installing the game."

as for futher info, i am trying an instant action and all maps do this. What happens is, i am able to load most maps but when i press my fire button to deploy, the game instantly crashes and a get the error above. Some maps (such as XMP-Garden) wont load at all and just crash in the middle of loading. I tried playing online earlier today and i got some version mismatch file thingy (i dont remember what the file was--XMPT errm...somthin') and i couldnt play online either.

I have tried several things to fix this problem. I tried re-installing the UT2004 version 3339 patch and that did nothing. I tried restarting my computer (sometimes that does it :) but, nothing. I tried overwriting the UTXMP files by just installing them all again...nothing. I tried installing the UT2004 patch to the UTXMP folder and that didnt do anything either. So finally i got rid of UTXMP and tried a fresh install and, alas, nothing...:(

i will try removing and reinstalling again and hope for the best :)

NOWhammer

(NOW)Hammer
Has anyone ever fallen a great height in a Raptor and found it didn't explode on impact, but you were fine to keep driving after landing, but you sustained damage when passing through the clouds in Alcazar map? Also in same map I noticed that when turboing your way across the ground from one base to the other if you jump out of the Raptor at high speed close to a rock/cliff face the vehicle vanishes into the terrain.. In U2XMP it woulld sustain damage or explode.. The missing vehicle will then not respawn for the rest of the time in the map.
Also in same map trying to jump across from red side of broken bridge to blue side is alot more difficult do to the lesser amount of jump jet power with Tech & Gunner models. In which case you die passing through the clouds instead of when you hit the ground. Looking for more bugs while playing like the rest of you guys here in the forums so when i find em i'll post em.

Hammer

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
well I'm having similar problem - when I tried to start up Instant action or host a listen server UTXMP crashed telling me that there' no file for package "ui". I gussed that this one should be a UIesT.utx, made a copy of it and, voila! I was right. But than on the loading screen game crashes and I recieve another message - "Ran out of virtual memory". I've 512 RAM and 768Mb swap file, ain't it enough? But I suppose that mesage is being used by the game when it has some other problems. Here's the ending of the UTXMP.log and the contens of popup screen:

Pop Up:
UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1839 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (6177)

Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

History: FMallocWindows::Malloc <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 00000000 1570835936 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 1806967228*8 <- TArray<< <- UStaticMesh::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (StaticMesh VehiclesM.RAPTOR.RaptorGunCam_TD_001 370195==370195/5650543 313691 125155) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel XMP-Rampant) <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Log:
Log: Browse: XMP-Rampant?BonusVehicles=false?Game=XMP.XMPGame?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_Pack1.UTRed?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_Pack1.UTBlue?bAutoNumBots=False?NumBots=11?Listen?Name=Player?Class=XMP.XMPRanger?Character=Jakob?team=1?Voice=XMP.XMPRanger2MaleVoice
Warning: Tag M of TexScaler size mismatch. Serialized 64 but expected 117
Warning: Tag M of TexScaler size mismatch. Serialized 64 but expected 117
Warning: Tag Materials of StaticMesh size mismatch. Serialized 8 but expected 22
Critical: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Exit: OpenAL Audio subsystem shut down.
Critical: FMallocWindows::Malloc
Critical: FMallocWindows::Realloc
Critical: 00000000 1570835936 FArray
Critical: FArray::Realloc
Critical: 1806967228*8
Critical: TArray<<
Critical: UStaticMesh::Serialize
Critical: LoadObject
Critical: (StaticMesh VehiclesM.RAPTOR.RaptorGunCam_TD_001 370195==370195/5650543 313691 125155)
Critical: ULinkerLoad::preload
Critical: PreLoadObjects
Critical: UObject::EndLoad
Critical: UObject::StaticLoadObject
Critical: (Engine.Level None.MyLevel XMP-Rampant)
Critical: LoadLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: ClientTravel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Critical: FMallocWindows::Realloc
Critical: 676F4C57 0 FArray
Critical: FArray::Realloc
Critical: 0*2
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Localization: No localization: Window.IDDIALOG_CrashBox.IDC_CrashBox (int)
Exit: Exiting.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
I cannot run game at all. from the desktop icon I get this error:
Runtime error:

Program D:\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

This application has requesting the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact....

I also tried to launch it from ut2004 community>mod>actvate and it failed to run for some other reason. I then uninstalled everything. Re-installed ut2004 +patch then utxmp. Same error. Path problem?

I also get this when I try to open the editor:

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2002 MHz with 767MB RAM
Video: No Video

Bad export index 860/94

History: IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad245 5602829)) <- UField::Serialize <- (Class VehiclesT.Harbinger.TexUIhook0) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class VehiclesT.Harbinger.TexUIhook0) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class VehiclesT.Harbinger.TexUIhook0) <- LoadObject <- (Class VehiclesT.Harbinger.TexUIhook0 5602829==5602829/7201799 5602826 154) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UEditorEngine::Init <- UUnrealEdEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Last edited:

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
So I take it that I must remove EVERYTHING from my ut2004 folder, uninstall, then re-install, then re-pack the folder(s) with maps etc..., also re-install the ece pack thing with the new vehicles etc...(or not) in order for utxmp to run?

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
I don't think Video:No Video is the problem. Look. Both our crashes are happing at the loading of the file. UObjectLoadt han serialize. These crashes are usually caused by damaged/version incompatible game files.
BTW, How you reinstalled UT? Full reinstall with installing all the contents again, or just installing UT on top of old installation and then installing required files, that were overwritten during UT Retail installation? If possible, tell us step by step.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
I pulled out all the maps etc that I was working on, uninstalled 2k4 and all mods, then deleted any files left over. reinstalled 2k4, patched, installed XMP, cbp2. Renamed the folder to UT2004_clean, then installed 2k4 again with all the mods and mutators I had before. My reasoning for the last step was to have a "clean" install I could use to map with.

Status
Not open for further replies.