XMP CBP map porting?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Since a good portion of FMI worked on the XMP CBP, are you guys going to continue porting CBP maps in future releases? I noticed a few of them in this release...

I also noticed that in the AP v2 pack there's a few with FMI tacked at the end, I assume those were your guys' doings, and will those be ported?

(Yeah, its probably a little early on to be asking about what maps will be redone, etc... But man, Xmas has definately come early this year! :tup: )

Reeps

Severe thumbs up (y)
Sep 2, 2003
WI
Visit site
Iceboy2003 said:
Since a good portion of FMI worked on the XMP CBP, are you guys going to continue porting CBP maps in future releases? I noticed a few of them in this release...

I also noticed that in the AP v2 pack there's a few with FMI tacked at the end, I assume those were your guys' doings, and will those be ported?

(Yeah, its probably a little early on to be asking about what maps will be redone, etc... But man, Xmas has definately come early this year! :tup: )
I believe a we will definately be releasing more, but perhaps in just a patch down the road. No plans for an FMI Map Pack as of yet I guess. Some of those other maps that we did might be ported, though not sure. :p

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
RaptoR said:
I think the general feeling is why release a map pack and confuse people when we can just patch extra maps in

That's what I was wondering.

Thanks guys for the info!

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Xaero said:
I would actually like to see new, quality maps over older ones ported over. (Thats just me though).

Well, screenshots all come from new maps it looks like...

Destructive-Fly

Jul 30, 2004
No extra maps please. In my eyes none of the maps previously released for U2XMP were as good as the original ones, neither did they come anywhere close.
The proof is even in the beta, the none-original maps are crap.
Besides, how can you get tired of such nice original maps?

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
Doing the same map over and over definitely gets mundane. Maybe not for you, but most people don't like that. New maps are a must.

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
I can map a little, real familiar with 2k4 ued. I cant do terrain though, but im sure i can learn. Im used to plain ol maps. I may try to do somethin if someone needs help or anything in my free time.

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
Destructive-Fly said:

Well, one year ago i have played U2XMP demo (with only one map XMP-Garden) for two months almost every day.

Destructive-Fly said:
No extra maps please. .. the none-original maps are crap.

Sorry, i have just started adding my models to XMP-Lowlands. Thats gonna be Lowlands remake. I will remove everything what was good in Lowlands and will add only bad things. Things which would screw game so much that even you could hardly imagine.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
NRK said:
Sorry, i have just started adding my models to XMP-Lowlands. Thats gonna be Lowlands remake. I will remove everything what was good in Lowlands and will add only bad things. Things which would screw game so much that even you could hardly imagine.

Don't forget snow! no XMP remake would be complete without Snow! :D

communist

Mar 19, 2002
Vandenberg Airbase
Visit site
Destructive-Fly said:
No extra maps please. In my eyes none of the maps previously released for U2XMP were as good as the original ones, neither did they come anywhere close.
The proof is even in the beta, the none-original maps are crap.
:lol:
Kaminari, Naularn, Wonderwoods, RGB ;) are just a few 'non-original' maps that come to my mind that worked very good gameplay and performance wise.