One question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dg3Nr8

Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
two things you can check. easy one first. look in your start menu uner programs -> startup. If you see something in there you dont want starting right click -> delete.

this one is a bit more involved. go to start -> programs -> accesories -> system tools -> system information. pull down the tools menu and select system configuration utility. The last tab on the right is called startup, select it. there is a list with stuff you can check or uncheck. If theres a check there its gonna run at startup. Go through and find the stuff you dont want and uncheck it then reboot.

Dg3Nr8, I agree with both your solutions, and especially the order in which you wrote them...

As an alternative to your second step you can click START, RUN and type in MSCONFIG then click OK. Click the STARTUP tab and UNcheck or re-check anything you don't want to load.

What you said IS the same thing, I think, I just thought it might be a little easier to find this way...

[This message has been edited by Cynan (edited 04-15-2000).]

Dg3Nr8

Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I usually leave that out because people tend to rather point and click than actually type. But the way you suggested is the way I get there. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
Warning: a really stupid newbie question is ahead. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

How do you control what automatically starts up in Windows on boot? I really don't need McAfee to start up automatically, and it gets tiresome to press ctrl-alt-delete and end task all the time.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
There is a freeware Utility that does the same thing as msconfig in a friendly package...it's called Startup Cop.

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm hal-like dammit!

hal{PuF}

H

Haades`FW

If you use norton, check your autoexec.bat and config.sys in c:\. Norton still load as a DOS program. Remove a line by adding REM b4 it.

Also, remember if you REM any lines, you won't be able to load them back once in windows, so it's either you load norton in the start or you don't =)

Haades`FW