How does he know that it's me?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Ok I keep on going on this DM server and this other person always knows if it is me. The person is cool and we always have fun, but still I want to know how he knows that it is me. :)

Also about a couple days ago I was on a different server and this aimbotter
started to piss us off and the admin wasn't there but this guy said that he
got the botters ID or IP I don't know which one. And I asked the bot
reporter guy how he did it, and he said by doing a voice ban or something.

Can any one tell me by replying or PMing? Because I would like to implement this technique to be able to tell who I'm playing with.
:)

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
The only thing I can think of is that he can read your IP some how.

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
You can find out a persons GUID by banning them from voice chat and then going to your UT2004/System folder and opening the file called ChatRestriction.ini and that will have the players GUID and type of restriction placed on them. This will NOT have the name they were using, it will only have their GUID string.

Also as for how the guy knew it was you, I know this might be a stupid question to ask but were you using the same name each time you played against him?

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
funkblast said:
You can find out a persons GUID by banning them from voice chat and then going to your UT2004/System folder and opening the file called ChatRestriction.ini and that will have the players GUID and type of restriction placed on them. This will NOT have the name they were using, it will only have their GUID string.

Also as for how the guy knew it was you, I know this might be a stupid question to ask but were you using the same name each time you played against him?

Thanks funkblast! That is the biggest piece of the puzzle. Now all I have to do is find the other pieces. Also, I wasn't using the same name. And the names I use are pretty widely used. Plus we started our friendly "rivalry" back when ut2k4 demo came out. It's pretty hilarious how we continually taunt each-other and use names that have the opposite meanings, ex: sun/moon happy/sad. We try to put on a show for everyone. Even after a month of playing on different servers, when we actually played on a same server again he knew it was me. Just curious of how. :D

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Maybe he recognizes your style of play. i know i can tell some of my clanmates by the way they play regardless of what name they are using. People tend to favor certain weps in certain situations, use them certain ways, and use routes that they are used to - you may be doing something like this that tips him off.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Turns2Ashes said:
Sunmoon Happysad, huh? That's a pretty 1773 name you got there!
nono it would be like i use happy and he uses sad or I'm sun and he is moon or I am satan and he is god but I didn't use those names I used different names just don't want to give away my anonymity. :) Pretty hilarious sometimes. Plus I wasn't trying to imply I'm a super player. Especially with the low fps I've been getting lately and my ping is getting higher than ever. I used to be able to get a ping of 4 to 16 on some servers but none such luck lately. :( I'm eventually going to have to reinstall my OS and Unreal. Or it could be my wifi connection is getting glitchy. :(

[edit]
LL|Skold said:
Maybe he recognizes your style of play. i know i can tell some of my clanmates by the way they play regardless of what name they are using. People tend to favor certain weps in certain situations, use them certain ways, and use routes that they are used to - you may be doing something like this that tips him off.

That could be it. Probably one of my bad habits or something. :lol: I have lots of those. ;)

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
just get jc! to help, he can not only find out who this guy is but could tell you what he eats for breakfast and what he reads.

TwiTchY

aN TwiTchY PsYChoTiC MuRdeERer
Oct 3, 2004
Huntley,Illinois
And how he knows its you...

Go to where you have your UTSTATS name,and you will see ID on the bottom of the Screen..

People can check that ID when you're in a game..and no one has the same ID..Thats how he knows its You.

im So Smart,lol! :nag:

Last edited:

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Thanks for the replies. :)
Twitchy, how does he see my ID? I'll look further into this technique.
CBA, do you know the command to see all the nicks?
Neme, I haven't asked jc yet but I'll take it into consideration :lol:

CBA

Proud ::VeC:: Member
Oct 31, 2004
Belgium
vec.be
I tought it was in console:

Mutate AntiTCC Whois player name
This command lists a connected player's ID and other names that player has used on this server since ID logging started.

Mutate AntiTCC ShowIDs
This command lists the ID hashes of all players connected to the server.

Mutate AntiTCC Whowas player name or ID
This command lists the player IDs who used a specific name and their alias names. When an ID is specified instead of a player name, that ID's alias names are displayed.

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
I remember back in the 2k3 FragBU days, Rev.Whoopass would always try a different alias (anyone remember ChubbyBoner?), but we always knew it was him because of his style of play.