cooling system.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
My computer is overheating BADLY. I need a new cooling system that will bring the temps down a lot. I need something that will cool it VERY well but will not be to hard to install. I also need to know how i would install something like that will i need to soder or anything like that or can i just plug it in to something. As you can see i am a complete about this kind of stuff and any help would be appreciated.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
im not sure right now i have my comp disconnected because i was cleaning it out. i know i have 512 MB of memory a geforce fx5200 graphics card and i believe the proccesor is a 1.8 or 2.0 i know not the greatest system in the world.

I_Like_Fire

Smokin Bad Ass
May 4, 2004
it shouldn't be overheating unless A. your heatsink has become detached B. your CPU fan has gone out or C. your room where your computer is has extreme temps.
EDIT: or but I doubt it you are overclocking with little to no air-ways.

Last edited:

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
I took off the side and turned it on and ran the lavalys program that reads your comp temps and my graphics card was too hot to touch and the AUX temp read 140-180F so im going to get a slot fan that will be right beside the graphics card. Hopefully that will be enough to cool it.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
How about Liquid Nitrogen Cooling. They did this on the Tomshardware site as an experiment to see how much they could over clock the computer. 5GHz processer i think. can't remember link. il try and find it

[UM]theswarm

Spork of the Apocalypse!
Sep 30, 2001
Everywhere
www.sporkoftheapocalypse.tk
Yeah until something goes horribly wrong, which inevitably will happen. Water cooling kits, though expensive, are a viable option. However, Liquid Nitrogen will wreck your entire PC if the slightest thing goes wrong (which it will). Do NOT try that.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
Lol not that i would have the resources or money for that. i got a PCI fan that goes into the slot by the graphics card and that should cool it down. i also got a new computer, put the old graphics card in there and the slot fan so that should help.

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
I wouldn't put much faith in a slot cooler, if this is the kind you mean. The best way of cooling all your components is with proper air flow through the whole case, there's loads of instructional information out there and it can usually be done cheap enough.

BTW, most new-ish gfx cards are too hot to touch, as long as you're not getting any graphics anomalies or instability I wouldn't worry too much.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
really? and i think that pic is the exact one i got but i think i will take it back because i think all i am doing is pulling air away from it.

Inuyasha

In Kagome's arms.
Mar 6, 2004
The Feudal ages of Japan.
LN2 is really cheap, 0.17USD per litre if I remember correctly.

You shouldn't be having any overheating problems unless you're overclocking. Did you mess with the BIOS and FSB?

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
what in the **** did you just say? lol jk. i actually didnt understand a word of it. i dont think i am overheating now i thought i was but now deathmaker has made me think otherwise. thnx deathmaker and all the people who have helped me out.

[UM]theswarm

Spork of the Apocalypse!
Sep 30, 2001
Everywhere
www.sporkoftheapocalypse.tk
Inuyasha said:
LN2 is really cheap, 0.17USD per litre if I remember correctly.

You shouldn't be having any overheating problems unless you're overclocking. Did you mess with the BIOS and FSB?

It's not the actual stuff that's expensive, it's the containers that are designed specifically to hold it.