Amer. FragBU: Friday 10/22 and Saturday 10/23

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
fragbu.jpg

FragBU: Friday, October 22 and Saturday, October 23

#FragBU on irc.enterthegame.com

New to FragBU? Read the FragBU FAQ
FragBU News:
Several new VCTF maps have been added to the server, after many requests. Next week, we will be adding the CBP1 for UT2004, so download it in advance. The new official FragBU password is bubu. It will not change from now on.

It is highly encouraged that everyone use TeamSpeak for a communication tool. Please follow that guide for a good way to set it up.

Server-Side demos are up and running. I will be adding them to Stigmata's server after every FragBU so everyone can check them out.​
Server Settings:
Name - BeyondUnreal Ketnar MotherShip​
Server Location - Virginia, USA on a 100 MB connection​
Game password - bubu​
Start time - 6:00 PM CST (Midnight GMT)​
Setup:
Map Voting - Enabled​
Mutators - Talking Icon, DemoRecord4 (no client-side download needed), No SuperWeapons (BR and CTF only)​
Max Players - 16​
Max Spectators - 2​
Bots - 0​
Version - 3323​
Map Voting Configuration:
Gametypes- Jailbreak 2004b ECE, ONS, AS, BR, DM, TDM, DOM, CTF, INV, MUT, LMS, VCTF​
Maps: It is highly recommended that you install the following maps/packs prior to joining. Redirect downloading is enabled through the GameServers.net Redirect Program.​
New maps this week:

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
That new version of the MilitaryFort map was just released recently. Make sure you have the correct version :)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
And so continues the raping of T2A's harddrive...

Hooray for Waisten!

In any case, I'm still wondering what the big deal is about VCTF. All the maps I've seen are boringly lackluster and only mildly fun because spam is only mildly fun. I mean, the only one in the list here I see that's worth half a s**t is Military Fort. Battle Line is just spam, spam, spam, spam, spam. Same with Blood Gulch since the scale is all wrong. It needs to be at least twice as big. I feel like a damn giant running around in there. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Turns, I agree with you on Bloodgulch. But, the thing is that several people (at least 10) wanted these VCTF maps, so we thought it was about time to give them what they wanted.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
I kinda like BattleLine. In the game I played, all 3 routes (bridge, footwalk below the bridge, scorpion side route) were heavily used and each flag was in constant danger. I admit the bridge is spammy, with the tanks facing each other, but with decent backup from the raptor, AVRiLLer's and the scorpion, a team can force their position into the other base.
I also argued that Bloodgulch is too small and had too many vehicles, but I heard that it's a fun map nevertheless...

And talking about size: I just reïnstalled UT2004 for the very first time since I got it (release date), and only installed the maps I need for fragBU. The folder size is 7.68 G...2.24 G more than an 'official-only' install :eek:

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
i got homecoming pep rally/bon fire tonightn *blasted=me*

annnd the dance tmorrow... so once again if i do go on, itll be very late and ill most likely be tired from skateboarding (for me homecoming dance is half hanging out in gym munchin on food, half skateboardin :p)

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I should actually be able to join this time. I was on a role for a while with making it to FragBU, but the last few weeks I haven't attended, I feel so dirty.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm taking my wife to homecoming at my school. And tomorrow my best friend is getting married.

Busy weekend.