3DS Max 7 Demo And Video

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Fordy continues to uncover things of interest to level designers and modelers. First, at his site, you'll find a link to the 3D Studio Max 7 demo, a very popular (and quite expensive) modeling suite.

Next up, you'll find a link to a video tutorial explaining how to make use of Normal Mapping, a technique that will be a key part of mapping with Unreal Engine 3.0. If you recall, Normal Mapping was showcased prominently in the video of the updated engine at E3 2004.

raziel31

Nov 25, 2003
South F.
Visit site
Yup i 've tried the use of normal map this last week and its a very coooooooool thing ! This time, Max7 have a wonderful tool for making normal map, yesssssssss !!! :lol:

Enjoy !

Last edited:

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
I downloaded the 3DS 7 demo last night; does anyone know i the normal mapper works like the nvidia plugin for Photoshop?
//edit
the Walkthrough feature is Fantastic. It's about time they added this feature.

Last edited:

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
Yeah, the Walkthrough feature works like a FPS, "W,A,S,D" directional and everything. I don't know if there is a collision function that you can turn on so that you can actually explore the world like a game (since the feature is geared specifically towards game developement); as it stands, you just kind of fly around and through objects.