JB-Tomb-Beta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
I have finally got around to releasing a version of my JB map, Tomb-Beta.
As you can see from the name it is Beta, I know there are things to fix but i wanted to just release so ppl can test it and let me know what they think and how to improve it.
Bugs I know of:
1) Level has some Lighting errors, (will be fixed before final version)
2) Bots are a bit Dopey at times
3) no screenshots atm.
4) Dodgy playermap, (didn't spend a lot of time masking it properly. (if anyone reckons they can do a better job let me know)

This map will be put on the KOKRULL JB server as soon as i get in contact with the host - Darchangel.
I will put a download link hear when i have done it. (tomorrow as it takes a while for link to get to website properly)

Attachments

• pic0.jpg
    pic0.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 55
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 32
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 30
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 35

disturbedbassist

UzP Jail Tester
Sep 3, 2004
United Kingdom
Sent by Head.

Tested with 6, 7, 8 and 8 bots each team (including Player). Half of the bots don't do much, or if they do they hide somewhere annoying.

Other than the above issue, nothing else seems to be a problem. Love the Jail excecution :man:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Welcome to Beyondunreal forums Reaper :)

Download link here and in my sig

I'm not sure why bots are so dopey, ahwell thats what Beta testing is for

Also Darchangel has just put the map on the KOKRULL server and it has redirect so u don't have to download from here if u really don't want to ;)

Last edited:

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
I had a quick look just now.

This map plays very laggy on my P4-2.4GHz with GForce4-TI4200.
Now I know my PC is not that top of the bail anymore, but this is the only JB map which gives me trouble.

The map itself looks good.
A bit big for my taste, but I always like smaller (fast playing) maps more.
:cool:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
CoolDude said:
This map plays very laggy on my P4-2.4GHz with GForce4-TI4200.
Now I know my PC is not that top of the bail anymore, but this is the only JB map which gives me trouble.
Optimising is somit that i have not done any of yet on this map. I didn't bother as it runs well on my pc (starngely, a lower spec than that - Athlon XP2100+, 2x256MB RAM dual channel and a Radeon 9500pro) and up to now no-one has had a prob (my freinds have all tried it before i put it here)
I will fix this prob for next version, i think a combination of Zones and antiportals if needed will do the trick very well as the level has few mehs and simple lighting (but still looks good IMO) :)

Keep the feedback coming. cheers

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
gl on it, head doesn't know how to do level optimization :lol:

GET THE FREAKIN VTM!! :D

ps. I don't see any jail execution, you just explode into gibs... Or isn't there any yet?

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Ah shut it. Thsis map is gonna be the easiest map in the world to optimize. I am perfectly capable of Zoning. It just there is a weird fps dropping bug in Equilibrium (i call it to much in too little space)

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
it's soo funny 2 be llama in jail there :D
and havent got any lags while testing yesterday on xp2400+ 1gig fx5900xt

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
some warnings im my server log
Code:
ScriptLog: Warning - PATHS NOT DEFINED or NO PLAYERSTART with positive rating

also a better botpathing is maybe necessary

Attachments

• Shot00189.jpg
    Shot00189.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 32

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
4WD said:
also a better botpathing is maybe necessary
I knew about the prob with paths. I have pathnoded it but I haven't put assaultpaths vcto make them "think" once I have done that (might do it eventually) they will then attack intelligently.
I dunno whyu they are so ****, perhaps I forgot to build paths properly before i released it (big noobie style mistake :lol: )

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
You don't necessarily need AssaultPaths to get the bots to use each route equally. Sometimes setting an "ExtraCost" on a few select PathNodes will have the same effect. In other words, put a little "deterrent" on each of the paths that the bots use the most frequently. Try 500 or 1000 to start. If they stop using those paths altogether, lower the value. If they still keep using them, raise it much higher (like 5000). If that doesn't work then maybe consider AssaultPaths, but since it requires almost no thought/work to implement I usually use that method (yes I'm lazy). Once you find the values where all the paths are balanced out you can do small tweaks to get them to favor paths you think work better if you like.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Thanks

Birelli said:
You don't necessarily need .............favor paths you think work better if you like.
Thanks mate. I never thought of that. I can remember reading somit similar for getting bots to use lifts more by lowering the Extracost.
I might give that a go, as although I know how to use assault paths, it would be a right pain linking them all up. I really think I should get on with this map.....