banning gay marriages on ballot

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
state of Ohio has put on the Nov ballot a thing banning gay marriages. many people are for it, but those against it are calling foul, saying that the govt is once again dictating how people can live their lives......

uhm.... the point of somthing being on the ballot is for people to VOTE on somthing the govt only does what the people have voted on (some times)

who is dictating?

if you dont like it... VOTE AGAINST IT.

Btljuice

Jun 10, 2001
Visit site
Part of the reason for crying foul is because there are times when the majority is flat out wrong. I can cite examples if you like. Not to mention the Constitutionality issues.

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
are you suggesting that gay marrige isnt wrong btl? and that it should be allowed? and recognized in the same mannar as a woman and man getting married?

GoldenMouse

Mad Hatter
Nov 14, 2001
Backwoods Ohio
Visit site
I'll be voting against, come this November. I'm not holding out much hope, though, as this is an overwhelmingly Republican state, and the belief that gay marriage is an offront to values is prevalent among Republicans.

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
Btljuice said:
Part of the reason for crying foul is because there are times when the majority is flat out wrong.

Once again we have liberals telling America that they are too stupid to know whats good for them.
I can cite examples if you like. Not to mention the Constitutionality issues.

There is no Constitutional right to gay marriage.

GoldenMouse

Mad Hatter
Nov 14, 2001
Backwoods Ohio
Visit site
Cat Fuzz said:
States should have the right to determine what is right and wrong in their own community.

Agreed. Somewhere in our history (Civil War) prominance shifted from states to the federal level. Technically, what isn't specifically relegated to the Feds is state territory. Federal involvement should only be so far as making sure that the States, with their different rules, play nicely with one another. So Bush really should drop the gay marriage plank.