multi-ctf weirdness

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
so im playing multictf on face4, 5 per team and notice being shot at in my home base from an invisible enemy bot .... who apparently is stuck running in place at my flag :lol: after i respawn a few times, i can see the partially invisible bot but cannot shot nor kill him. All shots go right thru him. The bots know hes there as well, but nothing can hit him. He just stands at the flag with fully loaded piston fragging everyone who comes near my flag. If ya get lucky one can come down from the air and get the flag....he then gets "unstuck" when someone steals my flag and just goes on killing sprees because he's invincible. :eek: i have seen this from bots on my team as well and have seen as many as 3 bots in this condition at the same time and not just one per team can be multi per side....:(

I believe the version is (MultiCTF) 2 beta 5 ..... i will try and get some screenies when i get home....

anyone else ever experience this phenominon(sp)? a reboot seems to take care of it for alittle while. :rant: :shake:

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
Yeah this is an old and never fixed bug, caused by the mutator (MCTF) Dancing Bots.
Only thing to do is to change map.... or get rid of the mut.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
dancing bots huh. damn i usually have that turned on.... just breaks up the game alittle and i find amusing. i was figuring it was one of the extra muts in the extra goodies. too bad it was never fixed.

guess there's no need for a screenshot then... thanks rob :tup:

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
mjweird2.jpg

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
4-way CTF is a great idea, but it's hard getting 4 teams together :/ .

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
Predcaliber said:
I always tought that Multi CTF thing was full of bugs, and absolutly unplayable :con:

i've never had any probs with it other than what i posted earlier........ its alot of fun. i played a few games last night and turned off dancing bots. Never did see the bots turn into invis./invince. killing machines....

Fearless said:
4-way CTF is a great idea, but it's hard getting 4 teams together :/ .
yeah, i've yet to play online.... never seems to be anybody in that one advertised server

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
JamesBong said:
anyone else ever experience this phenominon(sp)?
this happens in my DM-ANUBIS, there is a spot on the map where if the bot runs threw this hallway it gets stuck and runs in place, "in the midle of an open hallway"lol
i think mine is a bug in the creation of the map itself, cuz i was not running a mod at the time. still amusing for a second then verry annoying.
4 way CTF tho, OMG i want in on some of that action, if you can get some peolpe together im in!

Last edited:

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
kortniechan said:
this happens in my DM-ANUBIS, there is a spot on the map where if the bot runs threw this hallway it gets stuck and runs in place, "in the midle of an open .....snip.....

yeah, i have that map and it runs choppy for me in that one hallway area too (flawed map, i think). i gave up on that map... for some reason barricade runs real choppy for me, my pings fine, but its like being back on 56k... offline as well :(

n00bkillin, i was being sarcastic when i said 1 advertised server.... ;)
what type of games are you hosting? is that in US? might be hard to get everyone to agree on times/days or whatever..... id be in to some face4 multictf

Symbolikal

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Jul 30, 2004
In britain in a small town.
I am hosting from britain, and every ten games, my server will change gametype so it's online today at this present moment at which I am typing,and it is a team game only server as I hate every person for his/herself and I also hate instagib but i have instareward on and have a lot of maps.It's on right now actually but I am webadminning.

kortniechan, try www.planetunreal.com/multictf/ for multictf stuff
Is my server on any browsers?

Last edited: