UT2Vote43 Multi & Standard Server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
When it comes to whitelisting, I have no idea how/if Dr Sin is wildcarding our mutator. It's entirely possible that the Multi variant of the tool isn't recognized. We'll look into that right now.

Also, mutes aren't the only thing that makes a server non-standard. Check that you haven't broke any of the standards such as changing your gamespeed.

Last edited:

[Tq1]BeAsTMaN

Jul 25, 2004
quadrant1.ath.cx
I thinks it is the "Multi" in the mutator name, since I have alle the settings like before (no bots, gamespeed 1.0, no other muts, and so on).

When I come home I will try to run the server as non-multi and look if it is listed as standard server.

Greetz,
BeAsTMaN

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
mmm I did not make UT2VoteMulti Standard Server friendly simply because I thought being WhiteListed it would take care of anything thats within UT2Vote - obviously not :(
I'll make the Multi version SS friendly now also in 4.4.
Thanks for that.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
From a Q&A with Dr Sin:

No.. But it's based on the mutator name, not the package so as long as you don't change the name of the mutator, you are fine.

> -----Original Message-----
> Subject: [ut2004servers] Whitelisting and mutator updates
>
> Joe, when you add mutes to the list, are they wildcarding in any way
> to allow for update versions?

So as long as UT2Vote appears as the same name in the mutator list, all should be ok.

[Tq1]BeAsTMaN

Jul 25, 2004
quadrant1.ath.cx
OK, I just tried it:

- UT2Vote43 *normal* -> listed as Standard Server
- UT2Vote43 *multi* -> not listed as Standard Server

Imaginos, the multi version is shown as "UT2VoteMulti"

But, for me it works that way! :D
Before I had to deal with several System folder which was not very satisfying.
Now I can run the server as public server with UT2Vote *normal* and the settings in the system files, while when running as LAN or private server I can use the multi version with the settings inside the corresponding ini's. (When running as LAN or private the server doesn't uplink anyway, only stats are sent)

If the admins at Epicgames add "UT2VoteMulti" to the whitelist it should always work, right? Or is that more complicated?

Greetz,
BeAsTMaN

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
If the admins at Epicgames add "UT2VoteMulti" to the whitelist it should always work, right? Or is that more complicated?
One would think it is that simple but judging by everything else Epic do its probably the most complicated setup in history :)
In the meantime till we get 44 out run your main server as a UT2Vote43 and the others as UT2VoteMulti.