OpenGL with UT is ************** up.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
I read the manual, i read the sticky messages and i read the Chris odonhall infos about opengl.. actually i didn't understand the last one but who cares.. i am not familiar with computer so.. need help... ON INF, the OPENGL is perfectly OK even w\o the chris'driver stuff.. But in UT (which i play online), i got plenty of visual bugs.... what should i do? except stop playing UT..

O_DoGG

Le Boner
Nov 17, 2002
France
www.clanvega.com
Just run UT in D3D, you'll have less nice graphics but a slightly quicker responsiveness. But knowing your system specs, UT in OpenGL should just run fine, give us a more precise description/screenshots of your visual corruptions.
Just in case though, make sure that:
*you edited your UnrealTournament.ini correctly (particularly the [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] part). Roughly, same settings as described in the stickies apply, you can also find tweak guides for UT around.
*you installed the compressed textures from the second cd (UT in OpenGL will look a lot better with them)
*you're not using your vid card's TruForm or Anisotropic filtering (both may cause wrong shapes and colors in UT, I experienced it some time ago)

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
i have many light issues, and the more annoying is a speed issue where i suddenly go very VERY fast..and then returning to normal speed.. I am in 1028*1024, 32 bits, high text, high detail.. with openGL. _ATI RADEON 9800 PRO_ If i use D3D i have no probs xcept the mouse control which is really more slow to react. Not the case with openGL even if the graphic are ugly. So i play with Opengl.

of course i have absolultely no problem with INF,in OPENGL or D3D.

P.S:merci O_Dogg ;)