Zooming on all weapons?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Hey, sorry if this topic has already been covered. Due to technical difficulties I haven't been able to play UT in the last couple months and only now am I getting back into the game. I read somewhere, I forget where, that it is now possible to zoom with all weapons in UT. Did I read that right? If so, is it a special file to download, some kind of settings to modify? Did I dream this up?

jeescee

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
It's so easy to get this zoom! Just open the console, type "preferences", go to "advanced", open "aliases" and set:
alias: Zoom
command: SetDesiredFov 20
then go to "raw key bindings" and set the desired key:
Zoom | OnRelease Fov 90

bullet2.gif

"The answer" said the mouse, "is Forty-Two."

Okay, here's what I did:
I did the aliases thing right, exactly as you wrote. In "raw key bindings", I first set the Z key to "Zoom" and it worked except I couldn't zoom out. So then I went back here and re-read your message and decided to bind the middle mouse button with "Zoom | OnRelease Fov 90". Then I started a game and right at the start it automatically zoomed in and stayed like that permanently. So I went back and binded Zoom (which apparenlty is listed as a key or button with all the others now) with "OnRelease Fov 90". Still, the same thing happened. Would you be able to explain that last step a little better to me?

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
Most servers do not allow for zooming on other weapons, only a few do. You can go to fov 120 on all servers though. That will give that quake feeling to anyone who likes it. If you switch the ini file you changed back then it should go back to normal. read back a page under zoom to figure out one way to zoom in or out. Remember most servers dont allow for it though.