NVidia Graphics Card Question...How is it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I

ImagoX

Hello all...

I'm building a system, and 'm leaning towards the 32meg NVidia 256 AGP card. Is anyone running this card with U:T, and if so, how does it preform? Any issues you have seen? I'm pretty much sold on the card for all my other PC computing uses, but since U:T is taking up so much of my time (I know, I be a sad, pathetic man, but I DO have a girlfriend...HONEST!!), I thought I'd see if I was in for any pain in the future.

Thanks a million in advance for any advice!

-ImagoX

------------------
"If you ever drop your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go because, man, they're gone."
-Jack Handey

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Get the GeForce. You won't be sorry. I've had mine a while. It's beautiful.
As for the girlfriend, what the hell are you doing stoking and maintaining a relationship when there's UT to play? Prioritize, man! Women come and go, but UT is life. Without UT I'd be a respectable business man with a wife, kids, and my own house. Thanks to UT, I'm a crack head video game junkie who overclocks his PC so high, I use it for a space heater. Thank god for UT!

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
What CPU are you running?

As long as it's a Celeron 500 or better, you should be fine. The Celeron 366 o/c@533Mhz (58fps) vs Athlon 750 (64fps) scored almost identical frame rates with the GeForce cards in Quake3. Pretty damn impressive stuff.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

P

Psychomoggiebagpuss

you mentioned the Q word....?.....

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

*THWACK*

*pmb beats Rooster repeatedly over the head with his giant inflatable crucific (with engraved UT emblem), whilst chanting
"Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!"*

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

psychomoggiebagpuss
AKA P.M.Bagpuss[PuF]
AKA Armadillo Dragon of the -=UDIC=-
Wielder of the Sacred Blackrock Baguette
"If there is anything bigger than my ego around here, I want it caught and shot now"

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
Hey CHRYST, can I ask you to do me a favor??
If so will you do a timedemo on the city intro run it 3 times and let me know your scores. I`m thinking about upgrading my TnT ultra to a geforce and this would help alot.
system specs.
PIII 500
256 ram
tnt2 ultra
on the city demo I get 52fps un cooked turn up the heat alittle and I get 56fps..

Thanks for your help in advance......

bullet2.gif

He Shoots..He Scores..He gets shot in the back.
new ingame name Yr2ESY Nguid 629493

I

ImagoX

I'll be putting the card on a PIII 800 w/ 128meg RAM. Has anyone using the NVidia had any driver issues? Also, do you think I'd be using the Direct3D video option or Glide?

Thanks for all the great info!

-ImagoX

Quitch

Well I've run a Nvida 32MB Geforce 256 on a PIII 750 with 256MB SDRAM, 1024x768, max detail settings, 15 bots, no slow down.

This is both UT and Q3.

Need I say more? /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Quitch
"Howdy doodie little kitty, the baaaad man is here"