Met my first aimbot today

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Well, I have seen players that were good enough to do what he was doing, but I also killed him a few times and his tactics weren't that good. So I got suspicious and spectated him in FPV. Sure enough, viewing angle constantly shifting with crosshairs automatically on target. I called him on it and he stopped commenting.

What really P'd me off though, was when I told everyone else. They didn't believe me! I told them how to verify it, and one guy actually told me "Quit Whining just cause he's better than you." And I was the only one even close to scoring decently against this guy. So I told 'em to be my guest if they want to get owned every match in under a minute.

Anyway, he went by Khimari. I tried to get the admins e-mail, but didn't see it listed. Not all that interesting, but it's a first for me.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
that's online for you. People don't aimbot and everyone cries that he is. People DO, and they don't believe he is. That's what happens when you let people with the IQ of retarded jellyfish play online.

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
I've run into two or three that definitely have been botting (I specced them after a couple people made accusations). This was on a server that didn't have kick voting enabled. Apparently, by the reaction of the people on the server, the lack of kick vote is why the botters go there.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Metakill said:
What really P'd me off though, was when I told everyone else. They didn't believe me! I told them how to verify it, and one guy actually told me "Quit Whining just cause he's better than you." And I was the only one even close to scoring decently against this guy. So I told 'em to be my guest if they want to get owned every match in under a minute.

That's probably because most of those players are uneducated on the subject of modern aimbots (and some have probably never observed one properly). They probably still think of the old style instant turn+shoot and kill when they hear the word when a modern hack is actually designed to simulate human movement with a slow turn feature. There are also triggerbots which will handle the firing for a player and are usually used in sniper/insta servers.

Last edited:

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
And this one was of those older style aimbots. There was nothing even slightly subtle about it. Instant camera changes, and constant jitters around mulitple targets.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Metakill said:
And this one was of those older style aimbots. There was nothing even slightly subtle about it. Instant camera changes, and constant jitters around mulitple targets.

It would have been pretty obvious then. The best way I've found of determining if someone has a bot is to jump directly over them. No human player will hit you at 90° vertical but you'll see how unnatural the reaction is when someone is using a bot.

P.S: Some bots can't snipe you when you're crouched.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Now I'm paranoid. Everytime someone comes in and gets and immediate killing spree with the lightning gun I panic and have to spectate them to be sure. It sucks because spectating is always a little jerky on my comp. I have to watch their crosshairs carefully to see if its an instant lock on.

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
They definetly exist and now they are much more sophisticated in how they activate..the most threatening one now is part of the display drivers and that makes it much more difficult to stop...Unfortunatly someone has also made a hack to bypass UT2k4's MD5 checks too :(