chat and roger wilco

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

supermandm

Jan 14, 2000
des moines, iowa, usa
Visit site
first off i cant seem to find the #planetunreal chat room on my mirc, virc or mirabilis irc. what am i doing wrong?

and how does roger wilco work. does it work from within ut's chat or does everyone in the game need to be in the same chat room in an irc client.

ive been looking for PUFers out there but cant seem to find you. please help a helpless newbie and virgin chatter.

i know theres been post like this before but they werent much help.

------------------
Allways scratch where it itches

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
You need to have a server set up for rw to work..you just join that server then you bind a key to talk..(please bind one) go to ut chat then look for a room called #planetunreal go there for the puf chat room inside of ut

M

Morgan

By the way:
The server for #PlanetUnreal is

irc.gameslink.net

bullet2.gif

Yeah lady, You and the IRS...

I

ImagoX

I've heard this Roger Wilco mentioned other places... I know that it's a system that lets you give voice commands, but that's it. Quick questions:

1) Is it shareware/freeware or something you buy from a store?

2) IS anyone actually running it w/ U:T? Does it cause any bottlenecking/slowdown issues?

3) Is it full duplex (meaning you can talk and listen simultaniously like a phone) or just one-way like a walkie talkie?

Just curious...

-ImagoX

S

STC_Wacky

Roger Wilco is free. You have to register it but that doesn't cost anything.

It adds about 25 to your ping which is ok. Battlecom only adds about 10 or so.

It is full duplex.

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR> Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I

ImagoX

In the words of my good friend Eric Cartman... "Sweeeeet".

Thanks for the info- I'll go check it out.

-IX