Level Designers Needed?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
Hey Guys, congrats on winning the msu contest !

Just downloaded and tried out the ut2k4 version. :tup:

I am an aspiring level designer with a love for racing games. I would be interested in making some realistic levels for this mod, not sure if you have any open positions or not. I have experience with UEd 2/3 and can make my own textures, static meshes etc. I also have experience in 3dMax.

I would be more than willing to make a small sample map if your interested.

Last edited:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
UltraNew-B said:
Hey Guys, congrats on winning the msu contest !

Just downloaded and tried out the ut2k4 version. :tup:

I am an aspiring level designer with a love for racing games. I would be interested in making some realistic levels for this mod, not sure if you have any open positions or not. I have experience with UEd 2/3 and can make my own textures, static meshes etc. I also have experience in 3dMax.

I would be more than willing to make a small sample map if your interested.

I guess you could try, but you are up against the supreme l33tness of Steve Horton's Static meshes (bea-u-tiful low-poly trees for example)

Try something fun and original tho.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
I notice all the UnWheel maps are very contemporary/realism. Would you consider futuristic sci-fi themes as well, or are you trying to keep it more uniform?

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
I don't think we have been going for a certain theme throughout all our maps, it has just sort of worked out that way, I've been considering trying some different things tho, like my kball map, Devil's Playground, isn't quite like the other maps in the mod, and I was playing with the Idea of making a map that lools like it belongs in the unreal universe, something sci-fi. But my next one will be another realistic one.

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
GRAF1K said:
I notice all the UnWheel maps are very contemporary/realism. Would you consider futuristic sci-fi themes as well, or are you trying to keep it more uniform?

Well I made TerminalVelocity2b once (a map where you were in a VR program and you could race upside down, etc.) but it had problems with the cameras so I couldn't enter it.

No by no means are we simply going for realism, Look at UWKOTH-Suspension.

And I've got UWRC-Conduit coming along soon.

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Shrimp said:
Hmm, not sure if we need more mappers, but if you can show me a really good sample map (any UnWheel gametype), I'm sure we can find a spot for you ;)

yeah you might do with makin' a Big Air map (extension is UWBA-mapname) cos we don't have any as of yet. (although I've got one in the works)

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
ProjectX, how is he to make Big Air maps if he doesn't have any maps of that type to reference as to how they work?

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
You guys will definetly be pleased with this level when it's complete (in a week or 2), i'm 100 % positive. I will post SS when i am able to test :rolleyes:

Having a small problem atm. I named the level correctly (UWRC-___), gametype under level info is (UnWheel.UWGame), added 9 UWStartSpots, 9 player starts, 7 UWRaceCheckpoints, a UWPitVolume and 1 UWOutOfBounds actor. I rebuilt the level, go to test and it shows up fine, i can select my vehicle etc. When I go to start though (hitting final select), Unwheel will not go any further. I cannot test :x

Plz tell me what I am missing?

P.S - Do you guys have an IRC chatroom? It would be much easier to communicate that way than posting and replying through forums. :)

Last edited:

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
UltraNew-B said:
You guys will definetly be pleased with this level when it's complete (in a week or 2), i'm 100 % positive. I will post SS when i am able to test :rolleyes:

Having a small problem atm. I named the level correctly (UWRC-___), gametype under level info is (UnWheel.UWGame), added 9 UWStartSpots, 9 player starts, 7 UWRaceCheckpoints, a UWPitVolume and 1 UWOutOfBounds actor. I rebuilt the level, go to test and it shows up fine, i can select my vehicle etc. When I go to start though (hitting final select), Unwheel will not go any further. I cannot test :x

Plz tell me what I am missing?

P.S - Do you guys have an IRC chatroom? It would be much easier to communicate that way than posting and replying through forums. :)

Hmmm... that's odd. Try are the UWstart spots high above the ground (they need to be for the cars to spawn properly, look at citytrack. In fact i never bother adding them myself I select a pair of them from citytrack and just copy and paste :p) If that doesn't work get back to me.

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
Hey guys !! Here is an alpha shot of UWRC-Canyon (name is tenative), only 6 hours work so far, still needs lots more eye candy. Hope you likey, comments and suggestions welcomed :)

UnWheel_Canyon01.jpg

P.S - I am still not able to run vehicles ingame :(

Last edited:

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
Nice work. :tup: I assume you'll be fixing the edges of the skybox and tops of the rock static meshes?

Last edited:

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
UltraNew-B said:
Hey guys !! Here is an alpha shot of UWRC-Canyon (name is tenative), only 6 hours work so far, still needs lots more eye candy. Hope you likey, comments and suggestions welcomed :)

UnWheel_Canyon01.jpg

P.S - I am still not able to run vehicles ingame :(

do you think you could send the file to nick.udell@btinternet.com so I can have a look at it in the editor (won't steal it, promise!)

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
ProjectX said:
do you think you could send the file to nick.udell@btinternet.com so I can have a look at it in the editor (won't steal it, promise!)

Hey Project, I will send it to you when I get it more finished. Its less than 1/4 complete in that pic (strategic screenshot :p). Should have a near final version by sunday.

I have taken your advice Grafik and made a nice custom skybox and fixed all the rock surfaces, as well as made some new pavement texures up. ;)

Last edited:

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
UltraNew-B said:
Hey Project, I will send it to you when I get it more finished. Its less than 1/4 complete in that pic (strategic screenshot :p). Should have a near final version by sunday.

I have taken your advice Grafik and made a nice custom skybox and fixed all the rock surfaces, as well as made some new pavement texures up. ;)

cool, post some new screens when you have the chance.