Should We Do Another Bonus Pack?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
This is just speculation, but after the success of the original BuF Bonus Pack, wouldn't it be logical to try the same thing again? I think it would be neat to get a bunch of people together to make some maps and mutators and eventually release them. This time I think the pack should be made by forumers.

Thoughts?

Lise

Being a girl makes you kick more arse.
Mar 16, 2004
I've already got 2 ONS maps and 1 AS map in my head ;)

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
rather than worrying about the number of bonus packs, I would like to make sure that ours kicks ass so that ppl keep coming to BU for content. Notoriety > flooded market imo.

:edit: /me goes to work on ONS-ColaWars ;)

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Like you really need to ask! Of course we should do another bonus pack. Just make sure it rocks, and gives people a reason to want to download it. It should be awsome and of the same quality of the second bonus pack released for UT2k3, which was amazing.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I'd love to have a bonus pack, as long as it includes an ONS future/destroyed/bladerunner CITY style map.

Two separate map makers asked me what I wanted in a City map about a year ago, I'm not going to mention any names (Radiosity, Deajay) but I never saw any City maps anywhere...... :p

Now I've got City Map blue balls.
453.gif

Me and everyone else that loves ONS is gonna get tired of rolling hills and crazy giant mushrooms w/the occasionally out of place brick busted castle w/LG on top.....

c'mon, somebody just make something like this....

future.jpg

Last edited:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Alright Han, stop going on about it already :lol:

There is an absolute chitload of new 'City' styled meshwork and texturage in 2K4 so I think I could very well have the enthusiasm and - more importantly - the time to make a nice city map now :) And ONS with vehicles just makes it that much better \o/

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Loibisch said:
Don't overdo the number of bonus packs. There are way too many groups releasing "bonus packs" these days, some of them of rather mediocre quality.

Leave the bonus packs to epic guys. If you make a good map that's great and I might go get it, but I'm tired of downloading these gigantic files just because some mapper group thinks that everyone should have their bonus pack only to find that it's mostly crap.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
I'd be interested in joining up too after I get done my XMP map.

I'd make maps and vehicles. If you guys are setting some sort of deadline soon though, I probably won't make it.

-Myr

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Radiosity said:
There is an absolute chitload of new 'City' styled meshwork and texturage in 2K4 so I think I could very well have the enthusiasm and - more importantly - the time to make a nice city map now :) And ONS with vehicles just makes it that much better \o/

I love you man. :)

I'm really looking forward to running down Bangin in a Manta as he comes out of that disco (tech inn) on the right...
b_18.jpg

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
TWD said:
Leave the bonus packs to epic guys. If you make a good map that's great and I might go get it, but I'm tired of downloading these gigantic files just because some mapper group thinks that everyone should have their bonus pack only to find that it's mostly crap.

:stick:

omg, you have to waste a few precious moments of your time to download a map pack....

just shut up please.

but apologize first for calling peoples work "crap".

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Cool :tup: I reckon I'd probably avoid the heavy stuff like Goliaths, and concentrate more on speed and mobility with Mantas, Scorpions and Raptors then - tanks in an urban situation don't work, it's too easy to ambush them around corners :)

atropos

The One and Only
Aug 24, 2003
Belgium
I've been thinking about 2 or 3 maps since last summer. But because I had problems with my PC or I didn't have any time, all I have now are dozens of sketches. I'm going to make the maps as soon as my PC is fixed and if I have some time to learn Maya a little bit more. If they are good quality maps, I might let you know.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I think that as a community we should just go about our business of making maps and muts and other various Unreal knick-knacks, and after a while, if there is a consensus opinion that we have a half dozen muts and 10 or 12 maps that actually do kick ass (not DM-OMFGNotAnotherBox or CTF-Deck16v90), we can compile them into a community bonus pack. Until we actually have the product maybe we should table the idea of putting out a pack.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Hi guys, don't forget ctf-maps.

And imo, we can never have to many maps. Those we don't like, we don't need to play.
An as long as there are players, there is always people who will like a map other refuse to play.

So get going boys. You have my support.
And Radiosity, leave the ONS-maps to the other mappers. You have more important stuff to do :D

SanitysEdge

Aspiring Astrophysicist
Bonus Pack = WIN!
ONS- Cola Wars = WIN, as long as its bigger than the original CTF map.
Also XMP -> ONS = win? Your thoughts?

Hanover_Fist said:
That would be a awesome map, raptors flying about, mantas mowing people down, geting ran over by a flying car....

Those builings could be done with ultra low poly counts, so it would run great to!

Hanover_Fist said:
That dosent look futureistic!