MSUC Phase 3 Moved

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
This is the official word from Epic:We're going to move the cut-off date for Phase 3 to May 30, 2004 so that will give mod makers another month to make their mods UT2004 compatible and to take advantage of UT2004 features. We'll update the official contest site shortly to reflect this but feel free to spread the word.

The game is tracking to a mid-March release so hopefully that will give mod makers a good two+ months of having UT2004 in their hands which should be plenty. We'll make an effort to spend time with some mod-developer related IRC chats soon after UT2004 comes out.

In addition we will be setting aside two one-hour timeslots (at 1:30 and 2:30) for mod makers to come and chat with us at the Game Developer Conference (see www.gdconf.com/expo/) in San Jose, California on Friday March 26th. Thanks to -dp- for letting us know!

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Yeah, this is definately a good thing. It will reduce the number of mods that get cut because they need time to hash out 2k4 incompatibilities, gives more time to generate new GUIs off the new code AND gives any mutes/mods using 2k4 content more time to dev.

As they made 2k4 a requirement, the deadline for this phase should be reflecting that.

chip

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
yeah, but for some such as myself who held back on entering Ph2 in order to get thorough beta testing done, it's a biotch to possibly have to go through it again, after having the as-yet-to-be-fully-identified compatibility issues resolved. the amount of custom code i have in my prospective entry makes me wince at the possibility of some of it breaking on UT2004. i know Epic has the right to change the rules, but it still rankles.