Real time communication software

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What is the best ?

• Roger Wilco

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Battlecom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gamevoice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
You are not forced to pay for it, Darkbls. My IL2FB squad use it for our online sessions, and i find it vastly superior in voice quality to Roger wilco.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Ventrilo.

TS gives stutter-like effects during UT/mods.
RW dunno.. i think i tried it years ago but it wasnt what i needed.
Battlecom is ok but maybe because it's old, when i use BC it makes all sounds played in games at the same bit / freq BC operates on.

And if someone knows a good euro ventrilo server pls post ip.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
RW is the only one I have tried and it worked quiet well. It doesn't have many features though.

Some of my clanmates tried TS and they didn't like it.

Heard good things about Ventrillo.

BTW, yahoo chat has voice comm that work very well with INF, but setting up a chat room to get voice comms with a bunch of people can be a pain.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Just tried Ventrilo: Seem to work well. All I need is a good server now :D (I've set-uped my own in case). I will see if a server is not too Band width/conenction greedy.
url: ventrilo://darkbls.no-ip.com:3784/servername=DarkBls%20Server
pass: infiltration

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
The things I didn't like about Ventrilo was the high bandwidth usage (useless for 56/64kers) and no mac or linux support. TS has linux but no mac support, good quality and decent bandwidth. RW has very low bandwidth usage, low quality, and no linux support. You just can't win.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Crowze said:
The things I didn't like about Ventrilo was the high bandwidth usage (useless for 56/64kers) and no mac or linux support. TS has linux but no mac support, good quality and decent bandwidth. RW has very low bandwidth usage, low quality, and no linux support. You just can't win.

it depend of codec/bitrate used in the server. About that: Someone know hwere I can have the Lernout & Hauspie codecs for win32 ?

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Hmmmmm, well, just a suggestion. I haven't used it in about a year. :D We used to use RogerWilco and TeamWilco and I didn't think that worked well AT ALL.