Everquest?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

taydawg

Banned
Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
What is your opinoin on a map that would be for TDM - holds 400 players, and takes up practically all the space available for a map?

includes teleports, "towns", lots of scenery - its like a full freakin world!

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
BOTs can only go up to 15 (unless you use that mutator TEAM-something). For 400 people? Wich server would run this world (not saying is a bad idea), with potencial for 200+ players?

Too heavy a map. Too heavy a player number...

And... things would have to be done with LOTS of eye barriers. That or monstruous lagg.

Back to player issue, when you have less people (or BOTs) on a server, you'll spend the better part of the on-line time just looking around por a target. The concept is tempting (EPIC was to do it with Unreal 1, back then), but it would not work. Especially with less people playing UT these days. 400 = UT community :D

This was suggested before, don't remember where...

Lethal_Evader

Dec 13, 2003
Eq map

Honestly i would love to see a Everquest remake, maby of a town or zone from the game but i think to do one that would cover so much land and hold so many people, would be insane and very hard to run with out a very high speed server. But if your up for the challenge of recreating a map from the game im all for it, and i wish ya luck.

taydawg

Banned
Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
well, what about the Rosetta stone, that government computer? i bet it could run it if yo uprobed in some computers into its "ports"

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... suddenly i'm visualising some vast land extense covered in snow - a more or less mountanous place - with dark brown stone constructions here and there, medieval style... /me drools...

There's one Domination map reviewed by Mister_Prophet, don´t remeber the name or author, that is more or less like it...
With some teleporter rooms here and there could work...

Any volunteers? Maybe a joint project?

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
BTW... i was refering the project to be in old UT for better performance...

Frieza

Sep 15, 2002
Holland
Visit site
Just a little mention, the UT communit is a little bigger then 400, jsut look at the amount of servers, still somewhere about 2700 really. About the idea, im not so sure if any computer could run that, but it could be fun :)