Oh Crap.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharKTanK

:zzz:
Oct 5, 2003
Manchester
Well, turns out the XMP full version needs the play disc to be in the drive when installing.
I go to my Unreal II case and open it to find, the manual, disc one and disc two, but no reddish pink play disc.

No problem, i think to myself and begin to search around the room, looking in all the places i would have left it, then all the places i wouldn't.

That happened sometime early yesterday, and have still been looking for it, and i think my chances of finding it are very slim.

So wtf can i do?

I bought and installed it a while ago, and after completion, never really picked it up again...

I am not going out to buy Unreal II again, when all i need is the play disc, and none of my friends have the game either...

I have considered using a cracked installer or a cracked file somehow, but I'm quite a n00b on that, and I really would like to avoid breaking too many laws at once...

So, is downloading a cracked version the only way i can get this XMP to install, or should I just wait for an almighty "free play disc rental" store to open up? :(

BTW: I have proof of purchase of the original Unreal II, and will attach some pics later.

Edit: added pics, scanned since my camera is not with me...
Edit2: removed pictures of discs as suggested by a friend.

Attachments

• unrealII1.jpg
    unrealII1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 18
  • unrealII2.jpg
    unrealII2.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

SharKTanK

:zzz:
Oct 5, 2003
Manchester
BUMP

looking at the other threads makes it apparent that the only option i have is to get the original play disc from somewhere else.

I'm just a little distressed at the fact i'm gonna have to fork out for mo' money for a game i already have... :rolleyes: unless there is a cracked version out there although I'm starting to believe what Hanover said in another thread about warez cd's... :eek:

Last edited:

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Try emailing Legend

Scott Dalton said:
We'll likely start taking these folks and sending them a special version if they can show us they've got a real version (take digital photo of themself with the disc or something) :)

I wouldnt suggest posting that in the forum, but it would never hurt to ask him via email.

Status
Not open for further replies.