Custom maps on the demo ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I connected to a server called Unreal Universe or something and, to my surprise, it started downloading custom packages (mech3 and what not).

It turns out that this server was running a custom map which was tiny in comparison of XMP-Garden and the ping plus absence of lag made the game super fluid. The action was fast and furious and the game lasted for ages because it was hard to get enough energy to register the artefacts.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get the IP of the server as I have no idea on how to go about this. Is the demo supposed to support custom maps ?

Ðork

Dork online, since '99
Jun 19, 2001
Switzerland
I ran a custom map called Room on my server over last night.
Well over 250 different players downloaded and joined it in the 8 hours or so that it was up.

Now, I get the feeling that I passed some unwritten web transfer volume, and my ISP is restricting me because whenever I start a server my internet connection gets completely cut after a few minutes.

Anyway, I was talking to Scott (in chat) about custom maps before the demo release, and he more or less challenged me to do it, because he thought it wasn't possible.

Jan 11, 2003
United States
www.aqwaqwa.com
Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
See if you can get the beta maps working in the demo. I got them working, after a bit of work...lol Of course,only do that if you were in the beta!

2tall

Manta Jockey
Oct 5, 2001
Nebraska
www.thenervclan.com
I really doubt any of the "available" editors will work to make a XMP map. Just wait until the full version is released. Also I dont understand why these maps are popping up. Whoever made them should have waited 'til the full version was out until they released their map.

Status
Not open for further replies.