Autobalance!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Is it just me, or do a lot of servers really need to turn autobalance on?

The two round structure of EAS and the fact that if you join once a round as started you can't play makes it awkward to change teams.

[C22]-Dragoon

Catch-22 Clan leader
Nov 12, 2003
Finland
www.c-22.org
Yeah and I dont like when the teams mix up when u are playing the game, I think its the "autobalance" at work there ;). And switching team takes quite some time. And I guess there is no way to select the team from menu anymore?? Do we need to start editing ini's to select the team we wanna play? :D

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
@Dragoon: you can switch/setup your team directly on the main mission screen by choosing the attackers or defenders side/role (selection above the single team camos). Or you can switch teams using the QuickAction/Voice menu in-game within the 'Vote' section. But it will first take effect during the next round or if the round gets reset by a vote.

EAS plays two rounds per map. IF TeamBalance is on then it is automatically ignored for the second round cause then all players automatically change their team and the balancing would only mix them up fully again cause the balancing happens first-joined-first-served. But teambalance IS recommended to form even teams at the time a new map is loaded. So you admins out there should turn it ON.
People that join in the second round or people that left after the first one are normally the reason for an unbalanced second round then.
Clan games should play unbalanced of course with each clan setting up their proper role/team to start with in the mission menu.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Also, in reply to spm's statement about not being able to play once the game has started, that's not entirely true. It's a setting in that the admin's can change. It's called Latejoiner options. The default is First kill, which means once there has been a kill in a round, people who enter after that will only be allowed to spectate until the round is over. The server admins can set it to First objective reached or a percentage of time played. I suggest the admins use the settings that they think is best for their server, but now, at this early stage of the release, it might be better to allow people in at later stages in the rounds too. Basically, change the latejoiner options from First kill to something else.

Olecram

Oct 15, 2001
IT
Visit site
Whatever public you play on gets unbalanced 70% of the time. Oftern, Seriously unbalanced. Adding insult to injury the fact that you cant change team appropriately, because if you reconnect, you need to wait for round restart.

I've seen that the team was so foreseeing as to allow a setting to command the latejoining, but in all the servers I've played as of now, that setting is first kill or simply a very low time value.

After a while it gets frustrating to play with uneven teams, even if you play in the outnumbering team, so please server admins tune way up that latejoiners setting, at least until the community grows considerably in number.