Saturday, the 27th, or Friday the 7th?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

When should the online release be?

• Total voters

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
Saturday, the 29th, or Friday the 7th?

Well, to make it easier for daddybone, here you go ;)
*EDIT* bloody titles.
*EDIT #2* Thank you, keisha, for your OH SO KIND :rolleyes: correction.

Last edited:

[C22]-SpOOky

Inf Old-Timer
Oct 22, 2002
England
spooky.c-22.org
I Voted for the friday .. but purly for selfish reasons .. im a bit busy on saturday

But for the rest of the community Saturday would be better i guess ..atleast its better servers have it running asap ;)

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
It would be great to have it released Saturday, but after several years of waitig, what's another 7 days?

I'm hoping for Sat., but prepared for next Friday....

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
er.. I missed Daddybone's post. It was buried 3 pages down, so I missed it.

It would have been better if you had simply copy and pasted his post to start with at the top of this thread.

Last edited:

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
Saturday the 8th. I'll be busy or drunk on both other night.

Then again, it'll already be available rather easily online when the first few people get their CD.

edit:
-Either way, it'll probably be on my Hard Drive by Saturday night. The only difference is from where I'll be able to get it.
-Keishawarrior, before replying, what do you think of reading the other threads? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
Daddybone said:
Thirdness, USPS Priority post says it'll be there in 4 to 7 business days. This means Tuesday through Friday next week. And considering what we paid to ship to Australia, that kangaroo had better have a jet pack strapped to it's back!

Fourthmost - When should we release? We've got two options - y'all who bought it need to give me some input, here:

1) Release this Saturday, the 29th (evening)
2) Release next Friday, Dec. 5th. (evening)

The reason I bring this up is that those of you across the waters won't get your 1 to 2 days of exclusive access if we release this Saturday - and for those of you with FedEx orders, you'll have your CDs early if we wait until next week, but you won't have anyone to play with on our public servers. Also consider the fact that releasing this Saturday will mean admins are rushing to put up servers (yours truly included, but our should be ready by Saturday night without a problem) and that it may be hard for you to find someplace to play. Also, we may not have the time to get mirrors up by Saturday, so some downloads may be sloooow until mirror sites can lessen the load.

On the other side of the coin, releasing this Saturday is GOOD for youse guys in foreign countries because the servers should be fairly well established by next week. Also, if you give me the indication that Saturday is a go, I'll release individual logons to server admins on Friday, so they can get things going and you FedExer's could play as early as the same night you get your CDs. Good news on the fileserving for Sat, though - since its only a day until the first I won't have to throttle my downloads and the whole pipe is yours - it has a limit though, lol.

AND YES - I know what all you downloaders want, but keep your yaps closed - let the far away CD purchasers and their closer bretheren decide what they'd like. They invested and waited and so they deserve the choice. I will tell you that the INF Team is leaning toward sooner rather than later, but it's up to you.

P.S. #1 Ok, so Canada isn't across the water - but it is FOREIGN (any country that CLEAN with people that NICE is foreign to the States, lol) and I know because I used to live there. In an igloo. With sled dogs. And yes, I do know Bob and Doug.

P.S. #2 Y'all can compromise too - we could release Tuesday next week or something. We'd be better prepared by then and there wouldn't be as much of a wait.

Anyway! INPUT!

Thanks for reading before pulling the trigger on the flamethrower, ass. :rolleyes:

ravens_hawk

Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
I say sometime next week, like Wednesday, mostly because I'll be grading all Saturday. Also because some where it said that those who ordered the CD would have a few days before it was released, they waited this long for those who ordered the CDs why not a few days more, and make sure everyone is prepared.

Jagdtiger

[UMC]Shadow
Jan 13, 2003
Visit site
Crowze said:
Personally I'd say Saturday for the server admins, giving us a weekend to sort it out, and release it on Monday evening, after most US people will get the CD.
I'd like to announce that I have just started a server.

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

You're all gay and stupid.
Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
Friday, not only because I want it sooner but it seems it'd be a good idea to give the servers a few weekdays to get accustomed to 2.9 so by next friday everything will be straightened out.