Stupid things people Sue over.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
Ok I might get flamed again. But this has to be said.

I heard of the McDonalds hot coffee lawsuit.
And the person who sewed his church after hurricane Hugo destroyed his house and was called an act of god by newscasters. And he won!!!!

But the most recent I heard was today. But is old.

I was talking to a card dealer at the flea market to day. We were talking about the Yu-Gi-Oh trading cards
I saw at his stand. I saw there was magic cards and spell cards. And this is what he had to say. And I confirmed it on a trading card web site.

"Wizards Of The Coast inc." the maker of "Magic the gathering" Sued "Konami" Maker of our "Yu-Gi-Oh cards" Because that it said "Magic" On the trading cards. And claimed Copyright. No how stupid is that????? What could that solve? Their pockets were empty and they wanted to fillet with dirty money?

This is not the first time they sued on. I found a list too long to list here. From what I saw they sued Nintendo countless times. The biggest ones were over trading card games. But if the judge has to follow the law how about the law that you cannot own a monopoly. That is why people keep trying to sue Microsoft. Or break it into parts. I am not sure if that has changed. Because the last I heard was 2 years ago or more.

Some thing is labeled Magic. So what. Cry me a river. Bo Ho Grow up already.

You got any more dumb lawsuits? List them here.

Last edited:

Nachimir

Crony of Stilgar
Aug 13, 2001
Shelf Adventure.
There was one of those "I can't believe it's a law firm" personal injury firms over here in the UK that filed a few claims for whiplash caused by a bus crash. All claimants said they were passengers, yet it was documented at the time that the bus had none :D

In another incident, someone got on the bus after it crashed and started going "Ow, my neck".

Apparently, public transport companies get those kind of claims happening quite often, and at least one employs an investigator to keep tabs on incidents and check up on claims.

Last edited:

Cactus

The Evil Spatula
Mar 19, 2000
Ithaca (A.K.A. Cornell's Bitch) NY
no, you're not going to get flamed because of the news story, you're going to get flamed for saying dumb sh!t like this:

Master Roshi said:
And I comforted it on a trading card web site.

you comforted the person who told you? you comforted the news? you comforted the trading card website? i didn't even think it was possible to fellate card websites...

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
Cactus said:
no, you're not going to get flamed because of the news story, you're going to get flamed for saying dumb sh!t like this:

you comforted the person who told you? you comforted the news? you comforted the trading card website? i didn't even think it was possible to fellate card websites...
wrong word I missed that one. was to be confirmed. I don't really see or use this wor mutch so I really don't remember how to spell it most of the time.

Has ben changed.

Last edited:

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
Master Roshi said:
wrong word I missed that one. was to be confirmed. I don't really see or use this wor mutch so I really don't remember how to spell it most of the time.

Has ben changed.

00001768.jpg

Cactus

The Evil Spatula
Mar 19, 2000
Ithaca (A.K.A. Cornell's Bitch) NY
johnny cash is awesome... Hung my head and Sam Hall are among my favorite songs ever. "my name is samu-EL and i'll see you all in HELL! D@mn your eyes."

Roshi: I suppose it's alright if you don't use the "wor mutch", afterall, i suppose the "wor" 'confirmed' isn't part of the normal english language, and so you wouldn't use it "mutch" but then again, i don't suppose you use "WORD" or "MUCH" often either.

Nebel

Aloof
Apr 28, 2001
Around
Yesterday, at work, I notice that my supervisor is talking to enraged woman who, shortly after I notice her, shouts, "I want your name, your name, your name..." as she points to me and my co-workers. The reason she was angry: her soup was so hot, it melted the styrofoam bowl in which it was served in, collapsing the bowl. As result, somehow the soup came in contact with her skin, giving her severe burns. She says.

She is now in the process of suing that same Tim Horton's restaraunt. We've already received a court number. Whatever that is.

Keep in mind most elements of her story are entirely impossible. The soup is, at a maximum, kept at 180 degrees. Far from hot enough to give her "severe burns" and even further away from being hot enough to collapse a styrofoam bowl.

"My name is Mike," I tell her.

Last edited: