UT DM-TwistedHouse

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ThomRed

Fire Fly
Mar 5, 2003
NJ
For Unreal Tournament

Beta Map

My newest map that I'm working on
http://thomas.j.dougherty.home.att.net/DM-TwistedHouseBeta02.zip
It's simalar to My last map that I made http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6634
I'm Trying to fix problems that I had with this map.

These aren't the final textures for the map, fix lighting, and I'll add more detail later. Right now I'm trying to get the layout of the map.

thing I'm Thinking of adding
-A room that is up-sided-down (you would see chairs and tables on the roof)
-A Door that lead out side
a. To a real outside area (trees, grass, fence, road)
b. A portal to space that kills you.

Last edited:

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
WOW!:cool:
I didn`t get it at first:hmm:....course I have 16bots going but... :p
I had problems with the transsision from one plane to the next, esspesialy at the stairs, there should be some sort of all or nothing at one step or the next....and if the rooms were of diffrent textures.....it would help the players keep their oriantation better.
Up on the cat walks is the place to be! ;)
Can`t wait to see the finished map! :)

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
ThomRed said:
I Change the textures like Rukee sugested to better keep you oriantation. and added a out side area still in the works

version 2
Hey, that is ALOT better for keeping your orintation while in the map!
looks better too.
I found the door that goes outside to be very funky! The whole room and door turned red when being hit and it messed with the HUD in the other pic. Do you have a funky zone or something going on outside?? pics attached.

Attachments

• red.JPG
    red.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 34
  • door.JPG
    door.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 39

ThomRed

Fire Fly
Mar 5, 2003
NJ
Rukee said:
Hey, that is ALOT better for keeping your orintation while in the map!
looks better too.
I found the door that goes outside to be very funky! The whole room and door turned red when being hit and it messed with the HUD in the other pic. Do you have a funky zone or something going on outside?? pics attached.
\

Yeh the door in min that goes to the out side has HOM, not sure what is causing it yet. Normal the HOM happen with warpzones when the brush for the zone portal is rotated the wrong way. still try to get warp zones to change exit points, that when the problem started. and got rid of my sky zone becase skyboxes and warp zones dont work together.

thanks Rukee your feedback is helping :)

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
I also found that door. But no red. But I found the otherside. I ran into that problem with warpzones but could not find the cause.

Pics As well...

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 24
  • outside.JPG
    outside.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 30

ThomRed

Fire Fly
Mar 5, 2003
NJ
Well it taken some time to get this out because of college, I had it to this point back in January but had multiple HOM effect that I want to fix. I've been working on fixing it but every time I get rid of it in one area, I get one in a different warp zone.

I've add two new rooms and started to added details in to the map. still need more add with architecture, but first I want to fix the HOM effects

here the newest version

ThomRed

Fire Fly
Mar 5, 2003
NJ
Some pictures of the map

Attachments

• TwistedHouse01.jpg
    TwistedHouse01.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 38
  • TwistedHouse02.jpg