You`re all wet!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you do??

• Walk and get wet.

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Run and get wet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simple not go out = FAIL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don`t vote in the poll.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Okay, this is the deal...
It`s raining outside and you need to get from point 'A' to point 'B' and the only way to get there is to walk or run.
Which do you do??
If you walk, it takes a longer time and more drops hit the top of your head, if you run, it takes less time, but you actualy run into more drops running forward then if you walked....
so what do you do??

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
Ok...

So Esther rings me up and says "Hey man, I'm no longer moving to aus to live with my bf, come on over and have a hot cuppa tea"

...and I'm like...

"Hell yes! I'll be right over, but I have to RUN THROUGH THE RAIN BECAUSE OF RUKEE'S POLL, so I'll be there in 20 minutes or so"

Yeah, that's the ticket.

LoserMan

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
Rukee said:
if you run, it takes less time, but you actualy run into more drops running forward then if you walked...
This is incorrect. I don't have time now, but if you want, I can show later that as long as the rate and density of the rainfall, as seen by a stationary observer, are not dependent on your rate of motion,(i.e. a person standing with an umbrella watching you will not see the rain speed up or become more dense if you are running) that the amount of rain to hit you is dependent on your size and time in the rain. So you should run to minimize time, since size is a constant for you.

If for some reason you think that your rate of movement controls the rate and density of rainfall, then I would suggest walking or running backwards, as doing so may actually cause the rain to cease falling.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
no no no...the rate of rain fall doesn`t change
when you just walk, most of the drops are hitting the top of your head....
as you run, you are running the front of your body into drops that are falling, the faster you run, the more wet you get...
and yes, not running or walking at all in the rain would keep you dry! ;)

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
I dont care... It's only water it will not kill you. So what if you get wet or soaked I see no problem in that. Btw you cannot get shots like this one "see pic" if you are not willing to get alittle wet. I took this picture with my Sony Digital still Camera "MVC-FD7"

Attachments

• LIGHTNING.JPG
    LIGHTNING.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 16

JTRipper

Chimpus Maximus
Sep 12, 2001
Denial
www.planetunreal.com
Dammit, my math is too far behind me, but this isn't just about density - it's about the volume that the surface area is exposed to over time. For example, if you could run 600 kph for 5 seconds, you'd be covered in gallons of water (and beaten senseless by it) when standing still would have gotten you slightly damp.