New Copyright law in germany... Here it comes.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Aug 12, 2000
Switzerland
Pretty soon we'll all be f*cked. It's now illegal in Germany to circumvent measures of copy-protection, even for your private copy. So no backup anymore if it's copy-protected, in other words: the publisher alone decides whether you are allowed to make a backup or not. Way to go.

If you can vote in Germany, maybe sign up here:

www.copyisright.de

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I realy thought about making a thread about this but I didn't have enough time to do so when it happened. Basicaly, Germany has it's own little version of the DMCA now. I have reasons for the text in my location field.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
luckily for you its legal to do so in other countries, and you can still download the cracks (illegaly) from non german websites

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Well, ****. Good luck, you guys, seriously. Its bad enough right now. Seriously, though, people all over the world need to wake up and smell the juju, and stop fucking themselves over.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
who's avatar is it that says "germany, the home of censorship"?

move to canada, theres a law that says you CAN'T arrest/sue someone for copying cd's (if you own the original), and you can smoke pot too!

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Al Gore created teh intarnet! This law concerns stuff that yuo can download off teh intarnet. Al Gore is teh American man. Down with aemerica!1! :mad:

sorry felt that was called for :D