Floating body hack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'm probably way out of date here, but has anyone seen the cheat that allows someone to enter the game as a floating torso and head? The particular one that I saw was a Gorge model with its arms outstretched, a little larger than a regular model. I was not able to shoot him and he was able to fly about the map.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I guess it's a variation of the Invisible Player bug exploit. There are also versions with other models from the UT2003 single player intro map and others that only alter the player's speed, jump height and health. Those should be detectable by the NoInvisHack mutator.

*NiKita*

aka Flame
Dec 6, 2002
Ohio
www.atomicrage.net
What I really hate about someone using these giant models is that when they die, their skin just stands in the place that they died at. It never disappears, and you can see through them. :mad: You have to leave the server after that person has left to get rid of all the standing up scary looking giant bodies.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Their collision cylinder is about the size of a normal player's collision cylinder, so don't try hitting the arms or the head, it won't work.
They can't use shields, double damage, mid-air jumps or wall dodges in this state and dodging left/right is swapped for them, so they have quite some disadvantages when using this. The same things apply for the invisible player exploit, btw.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Yeah, the one we saw would leave copies of itself after you killed it..

It was very hard to kill the damn thing, flak or a group of rockets usually did it.

Attachments

• Shot00011.jpg
    Shot00011.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Shot00013.jpg
    Shot00013.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Shot00014.jpg
    Shot00014.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 167

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
a little off topic, but Sek are you talking about that lame recongamers server where it stays on Citadel all the time and the frag limit in unlimited...I get no sense of satisfaction from that server, no one is ever in the lead when the score is 983 to 987.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
spineblaZe said:
Yeah, the one we saw would leave copies of itself after you killed it..

It was very hard to kill the damn thing, flak or a group of rockets usually did it.
I wouldn't mind having that model as a playable one. Can you get it anywhere?

Sekhmet

the Destroyer
Oct 16, 2001
Memphis, Egypt
www.carpeimperium.com
SugarBear said:
a little off topic, but Sek are you talking about that lame recongamers server where it stays on Citadel all the time and the frag limit in unlimited...I get no sense of satisfaction from that server, no one is ever in the lead when the score is 983 to 987.

Yes. Each to his own, it can be fun sometimes imo.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
I was online the other day to see a gorge model almost hovering, but i'm not sure quite because it was days ago, and he was above the ground, by about a player's height and taking alot of damage to kill, i might also think his rate of fire was increased but the ping situation on teh server was variant so that's indeterminable.

Anyway i think he either left or got kicked.

The problem is, this is an exploit, now where's the fix from epic?

TyeFang

Ambassador
[Ci]Flame said:
What I really hate about someone using these giant models is that when they die, their skin just stands in the place that they died at. It never disappears, and you can see through them. :mad: You have to leave the server after that person has left to get rid of all the standing up scary looking giant bodies.

I about jumped out of my chair when i first saw it. Flame & Sekh were in the game with me on Cains Lair. I was lke...what the?! do you guys see that floating player model...?!!?

The hacker was using the punk model from the intro ..the one that gets hit into the crowd, as well as the gorge model at the end.

It was very eerie to see it floating around like a crucified cadaver.

- Tye

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
these hacks are fixed in the next patch from Epic but it won't come out till shortly before ut2004 so they don't have to release another huge compatibility fix later on.

[edit]I forgot to mention, Feanor is an idiot so it comes as no surprise he is using exploits...

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
is the model Spineblaze posted pics of playable? Where would you get it?

How was it used in this hack if you have to download it? I've never seen it before.