big spider

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
The_Huge_Spider.jpg

This picture I took in Cape Breton, but it could have been taken anywhere. This was a huge spider, about 1.5" tall, sitting outside the house on a web created only to block my path down a stairwell. The spider was out for vengance for my previous public display of arachnaphobia.

Attachments

• hugespider.jpg
    hugespider.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Last time I saw one like that I was cutting the grass, unfortunately for it, I was using a weed eater. :lol:

joke

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Right about then would be when I'd break out my homebrew hairspray flamethrower and lay some hurt on that eight-legged sucker.

-Keiichi

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
right about then i'd take a cup, catch it, and then put it in the microwave, watch the legs explode.

Chillinzebra

Nov 14, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Holy fuck man! There's one of those on the porch at my gramars house :( They're really scary eh? Yah, It's on the roof above one of the chairs. It's weird though, they only look like they've got six legs.

Heh, luckily for me, I think it might be dead, judging how last time I checked, it hasn't moved in three weeks :D

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
some scientists think it may come from the time when we (mamals) were only small rodents and spiders were actually BIGGER than us. kind of a genetic memory. even today, after millions of years we would still be afraid of them.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
Freon said:
some scientists think it may come from the time when we (mamals) were only small rodents and spiders were actually BIGGER than us. kind of a genetic memory. even today, after millions of years we would still be afraid of them.

back then almost everything was bigger then our ancestors :con:

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
you people are pussies. Only time spiders scare me is if they craw out of my hair, and thats just from instinct. Black Widows though... NEVER ****ing mess with them especially when you find a nest and step on the egg sac. Lets just say me and my friend were running really ****ing fast.

black-widow-spider.jpg

When you see that red, or you see a bee (yellow black pattern), or the shape of snake you jump beacuse its instinct. WTF is this genetic memory ****. Its called instinct. Its about all the instinct humans still have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Spiders help me in the battle against evil mosquitos. I love them. Although they should do a way better job.

I hate mosquitos. Alot.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
C.Chan said:
When you see that red, or you see a bee (yellow black pattern), or the shape of snake you jump beacuse its instinct. WTF is this genetic memory ****. Its called instinct. Its about all the instinct humans still have.

Although I think you could have explained in further detail, you are right. Not only is the eye coincidentally designed to see yellow more than any other color, but it is also all mammal's instinct to recognize yellow+black as a warning sign.

However, my argument is completely pointless as the Black Widow spider is an extremely dangerous one that has the same methods of attack as a bee (only attack when nessecary), yet its warning color is red, which the eye can hardly notice at all.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
Rostam said:
Spiders help me in the battle against evil mosquitos. I love them. Although they should do a way better job.

I hate mosquitos. Alot.

they scare me but i like them eating mosquitos.

last night i killed all the 7 little mosquitos i had in my bedroom.
with the hands.it took me a while. each time i killed a mosquito i thought the room was clear but 1 minute after i turn off the ligh i heard the bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .
:mad:

Attachments

• Shot0022.jpg
    Shot0022.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 30
  • infiltration_lightsaber_2.jpg
    infiltration_lightsaber_2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 25
  • signature.jpg
    signature.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,261
Last edited: