For all of you with Nvidia cards.! Detonator 3,68

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fastson

Jan 11, 2000
Kalmar, Sweden
Visit site
Hello.
I am having problems with the new driver update from nVidia. The name of the driver is Detonator 3.68 Win9xAGP. When i install it the game runs really slow. So i am just wondering if some of you with cards from nVida are having the same prolems and maybe you know how to solve this if its possible.

/F

------------------
Sweden rulez...

Wedge.net

Dec 1, 1999
Ann Arbor, MI
www.wedge.net
It's running fine for me. I have a Creative Labs TNT2 Ultra. If a driver isn't workin' out for you, I suggest you just back out to the last driver that ran well...

bullet2.gif

:Wedge

DarthGreg

Jan 17, 2000
Visit site
Creative Labs TNT2 Ultra AGP. I use the new detonators in combination with the updated d3ddrv.dll and UT runs great in D3D. Make sure you're set to Direct3D and not software rendering. That could be your problem.

bullet2.gif

-------------------------------------------------
Darth Greg
Dark Lord of the Sith
DarthGreg@hotmail.com
ICQ#: 40641320
AIM: DarthGreg
"Evil always beats good, because good is stupid."
-------------------------------------------------

Lerxst

Jan 24, 2000
Visit site
I'm using a plain old TNT card & have found that anything (so far) after Detonator 3.53 really slows UT. I'd suggest rolling back to 3.53.

I have the Creative TNT2 Ultra and HAD been using the Creative drivers based on the nVidia 2.08 reference. I just switched over to the "official" nVidia 3.69 reference drivers from www.reactorcritical.com to see if they would help with the occasional lockups I was getting at death/respawn time. They in fact DID do the trick, although my before-after benchmark using www.madonion.com
3DMark shows the Creative drivers were actually significantly faster than these nVidia ones. Tough choice, no more lockups or faster...

[PuF]Paka-Lolo

Jan 12, 2000
Singapore
Okay guys, i was just wondering if these detonator drivers are compatible with the spectra 2500 video card? I mean it runs on a TNT2 but i am just not sure if it is compatable because it is not an Nvidia

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
I have a Guillemot 3dProphet GeforceSDR card and the 3.68 drivers are a big improvement. Originally, when I played UT in D3D w/detail textures on, it would lock up and "stutter", but the new drivers fix this problem.

IMHO, you're generally better off to stick with the drivers provided by your cards' manufacturer. While nVidia makes the chipset, different card makers may implement the instructions and calls in a different manner hoping for better performance, greater stability, etc. Which is not to say you CAN'T use the reference drivers, some of us HAVE to, some of us prefer to and some of us are experimenting - (I'm in this latter group right now) Just know your chipset and choose the appropriate drivers - it shouldn't HURT anything to give it a try, just be sure to benchmark before and after so you'll know where you stand. (Try 3DMark from www.madonion.com for a good utility)

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
Hi Guys, I have been reading this forum for a while but haven`t posted much.One piece of infomation pertaining to the TNT II ultra`s that hasn`t been brought out here is the amount of Ram on your system. I first used the 3.68 and it helped most of my problems, the intro did still stutter once in a while if i let it run though. Also upon starting a game local i would see a stutter after about 15 seconds. This was explained to me as being caused by the amout of Ram I had. Nvida`s eat up Ram, at the time I had 128 I have since put in another stick and it runs like a scalded ape now FPS in the 60`s to 70`s on a PIII 500 at 1024x768. This is with 98 and no tweeking everything is bone stock no O/C, I do only use 16 bit as blind as I am I can`t tell the difference. But everything else is set middle range. Oh one thing I did do is go into advanced settings game engine settings, cachesizemegs and set it to 64, that seemed to help alot default setting was like 8 megs or so. HOPE THIS HELPS..

bullet2.gif

He Shoots..He Scores..He gets shot in the back