The three games I play most...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fringe_mz

Dec 17, 1999
Visit site
1)Tribes
2)UT
3)System shock (single player value)

What? NO QUAKE3?

Yea, I own the game. Yea, it looks wonderful. But So does UT, in a different sort of way. And UT managed to squeeze in a little aspect of FPSs called "gameplay".

Tribes is the ugliest of the bunch, in terms of whiz-bang graphics. But goddamn are those wide-open deserts/plains/mountains/pick your terrain alluring. Very well balanced. And there is a certain special feeling you get when you suicide ram head-first into someone from 1000 feet in the air with your personal jet.

And the snipers are powerful... but not so much that they annoy the sh*t out of you if they are too good. And if they aren't powerful enough, hey, there's always renegades. What an awesome game.

Next in line is UT. Assault keeps me up till midnight. CTF is increadibly intense sometimes. The weapons are remarkably well balanced (despite what some naysayers say about the redeemer and flak cannon). DM is fun sometimes too. It's just an all-around fun game.

Then there's system shock. When I need to feel pressure without feeling like a fool if I phuck up online, system shock IS IT. This is the game I play if the network is down. Sometimes when it's still up. Won award for "most underrated game of the year".

Oh, and SS came very, very close to half-life, won out because of some very small issues. So Half-life and its respective mods rank 4th on my online time. Not a bad game, but the net code deters me a little bit. Fantastic gameplay though, IMHO.

Then there's q3a, dead in 5th. Looked pretty to me for about an hour. Fun deathmatch. Thats about it. Better be some godd4mned mods out soon. NEXT!

-Fringe