Aimpoint is wrong now

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

w00p

Windows at its best
Its actually quite cool to see those lasers aim at you. Yesterday or so, I was playing on I-don't-know-wich-server, and the guy right next to me was picked off by a SIG sniper, but I could see the laser moving from his chest to his head, and then BAM.
And just now I realize this was quite OT... :con:

Anyway, what exactly do you mean, sorry, I simply don't understand...

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
predator, he means that when you aim the mp5 with aimpoint you see the aimpoint before you are actually looking trough the aimpoint.

It's an engine flaw IIRC.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
1: Aimpoints are not lasers visible to others. It's only a dot in the scope.
2: The dotsight is just a texture on the mp5 model. It's been changed to the proper behavior you are thinking of in rav2.

Aug 12, 2000
Switzerland
I'm more concerned with that huge freaking eyesore of an optics-frame you are forced to look at when using the aimpoint. :rolleyes:

Two thumbs-up on the rav2 work again yurch. You truly are the wizard. :)

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Shame you're DAMN WRONG.

A quick trip to aimpoint's website would actually tell you about a little invention they've got that eliminates parallax error, meaning the dot's always visible, and it's always showing the true point of aim. That's real life, anyway.

Only scopes with magnification lose their reticule if you look at them from an improper angle, since they're shifting and bending light. The aimpoint is nothing more than a red dot projected onto a surface inside the scope.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
He's not talking about that Jaunty...he's talking about when the dot is OUTSIDE the frame of the aimpoint. It happens and it's impossible.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
You are not supposed to see the red dot if u tilt the weapon even a little bit.

He also says the dot dissapears if you unalign the weapon (i.e. even if the point where the bullet will be landing is still inside the aimpoint).

That's how I read that anyway.

I presume the dot appearing before you properly shoulder the weapon is a side effect of the way Yurch makes the dot point to where the bullets will land.