The Original UT Still 0wnz

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Amanda

Banned
Nov 10, 2001
Institution
Well, I say this because I have yet to play 2k3. My computer is stupid right now and I don't meet the requirements. :( Oh well, I'll live. Does anyone else here feel my pain? Please tell me I'm not alone!

KJAX

Gamer 4 Life
Amanda said:
Well, I say this because I have yet to play 2k3. My computer is stupid right now and I don't meet the requirements. :( Oh well, I'll live. Does anyone else here feel my pain? Please tell me I'm not alone!

The OG UT still owns. No doubt about that.

But I'm sorry to say "A" that I just don't feel your pain with my Athlon XP 2600+ system.

However, I'd be willing to turn your frown upside down and help get you a system to play 2k3 on. And by saying "help" I mean getting you the parts together so you or a friend could build a better computer.

First of all, you obviously have a good monitor so you can just use the one you have now for the new computer.

Second of all, you can buy the other parts a month at a time or no more than two parts per month depending on cost.

Third, there are tons of tutorials out there on the web that show a person how to put a compute together. Just as long as you have an anti-static wrist and don't get too impatient, I don't see why you couldn't do it yourself. Of course, you could always ask fellow BuFers to give you a hand.

Then again, you could just hook up online with LK and play the hell out of UT. Yep, that sounds less complicated. :D

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Well, I feel your pain Amanda, but I can assure you that you aren't missing out on anything... UT2003 never was or will be what UT still is ;)

CMRadio-oX

Apr 9, 2003
www.clanmatch.com
I definitely still love UT, It was the game that brought me into online gaming, was the reason behind many of the things I do in the community, teams I play for etc. It's definitely a great game, I need to load it on this new AMD 2500 processor I just got and see how it runs :)

oX

SuparVandal

Kid tested, mom approved!
Jun 15, 2003
The peach state?
Visit site
I cant get ut2k3 right now cuz my comp doesnt have enough RAM. I probably need to upgrade some other stuff too (im not very computer literate).I cant play ut online cuz I have 56k and only 64mb of ram.

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Sekhmet said:
UT is playable with 56k :).
I have both, my clan plays 2k3, but I still play this game.. I kinda suck now though ;).

don't listen to this bastard. He 0wned my ass yesterday with the sniper ;)

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
I just want to say that those guys just dont say it because you dont have ut2k3, and dont want to disapoint you, but I say UT is still cooler than ut2k3.

It begins alwyas with the "whoooo" and "Wooooooow", but after I played it a week, I get bored about 30 minutes playing. :-(

I kicked it off My HD, and I now Play UT again.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
I agree with all of you that UT '99 is still a better game than UT2003.
Bot characters are by far better and tougher. Anyone who tells you
that UT2003 has " 200 times better graphics than UT '99 " hasn't
ever seen UT '99 played at 1600x1200x32 resolution. I've played
both games at this resolution and UT2003 didn't look that much
better to me.

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
UT2003 has 200 times better graphics than UT '99! :p

No, really. I play UT @ 1600x1200x32 using s3tc with 4xaa & 8xaf and imho UT2 looks a lot better. :)

I still really enjoy playing UT, just not competitively anymore. CB seems to be getting more & more "angsty teenager clans" that just whinge & whine about anything & everything; possibly due to many of the decent players moving on? :hmm:

The more I play UT2, the more I love it. The difficult part is getting the rest of the clan to give it a real go before deciding they don't like it 'cos "it's just not UT".

I don't have a job, therefore, building a computer is virtually impossible

You could always make your fortune selling pre-modded hairdryers. :D ;)

PlatinumGame

Jun 15, 2003
I just got my GeForce 4 today, and the first thing I did once it was installed was trying out the Unreal Tournament 2003 demo in 1024x768 goodness. It was fun. I played a lil' Counter Strike to see if it had improved. Then, I started up the Unreal Tournament demo. I had much, much more fun with UT, than I did with UT 2K3. Now, instead of buying 2K3, I just bought UT from a guy for ten. I can't wait to get it, but the demo will hold me over 'til then. You aren't really missin' that much. UT has better gameplay, hands down, and it is always gameplay over graphics.

I had my fill of UT 2003 with Unreal Championship, anyway.