What's the best racing game for the PC?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
I'm a newbie to consoles and I got a PS1 'bout six months ago. I just bought Gran Turismo 2 and man this game is fun. Is there something similar for the PC? I'd hate to have to get a PS2 just for better graphics. :D

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
Hmmmm, well your not gonna get anything close to Grand Turismo 3 on the PC.

If you want a good racer the only one I can recommend right now is Need For Speed: Porsche Unleased.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I'm going to have to recommend Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed too. :)

Lots of add on cars available out there too (I've got a tricked out 914 :D )

For rally racing however, Rally Trophy looks like a good one (I've seen banner ads for it in these forums) http://rally.jowood.com/

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
Dammit, NFS 6 better make it onto the PC. If its gonna be a PS2-only, I'm gonna be really f...fff.....ffffuu...errr... pissed off.

Oh, I'm cutting back, my friends say I swear too much.

Destructo6

Jan 11, 2002
Visit site
World Superbike (SBK). It's great to whip around tracks I'll never ride on, like Kyalami and Donnington Park, on expensive machinery.

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
Hm, I remember playing a demo of this game called Powerslide a few years ago, that was the best racing game I can remember and I only played the demo. Maybe it sucks and I've got bad taste, but I loved it.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
If you're in rally games, Rally Championship 2000 is still unequalled.
For old racing games, Grand Prix Legends is a reference, still unsurpassed today.
I personally think Powerslide was awesome, but it's an arcadish sci-fi racing game, i doubt that's what DLL is looking for .

Feb 26, 2001
England
Grand Prix Legends is a very cool game (especially if you can get a few racers on a LAN - at work or whatever).
I heard that GT3 was going to be ported over to the PC at some point, but I'm not sure if they are going to make use of the PC's power.
Motor City Online is a fairly cool racing game, but you have to pay monthly subscription fee's to play it :)().

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
I'd say see if you can find NFS III, IV and Porsche Unleashed in one box, I managed to pick up a OEM version which had all 3 games in 1 DVD case for only 14,95 Euro