UT interface bypass?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Quisak

is doing his own head in!
Feb 5, 2002
England
Visit site
Hi! I have a dream..... and I need some expert advice, hence posting this erm..... post. I was wondering if it was possible to bypass the UT interface so that a specific gametype, specific no. bots, and specific map, was loaded upon clicking the UT.exe. I think it's like running a practice session, but without the intro, menus etc. I have been looking at the UMenu.UMenuBotmatchClientWindow class and others in that tree, but haven't yet figured out how the game is launched, so that I can then link this to the .exe. I know I've been a bit vague in what I am wanting to know, but I am unsure as to how to solve the problem. Any help is appreciated guys.

KillerMonk

UScript and VC++ Master Mind
Jan 9, 2002
Utah
www.programmersheaven.com
Well, I know that UnrealED can do that, but I'm not sure of the boot command. I know that clicking on a .unr map file will boot it up like, that. But I'm not sure you could override the interface. You might make a new program that would boot up UnrealTournament just like UnrealED does, but that's all I could think of.

OK, I just figured out how to start up UnrealTournament to a certain map. In the run dialog (Start->Run) type C:\UnrealTournamen\system\unrealtournament.exe CTF-Face.unr (or wherever your UT.exe is located, and with whatever map you want.) This will boot it up to a certain map, using the Defaults for whatever gametype the map is designed for, based on the CTF- or DM-

Quisak

Feb 5, 2002
England
Visit site
erm... I can get the UT.exe to run when placing the path in Run, but when I try to add a map name onto the end I get an error, any ideas?

Quisak

Feb 5, 2002
England
Visit site
cool thanks it works. I have also create an interface in Java which has sliders and stuff in it, which denote the number of bots I wish to have in my map at any one time. I am sure that I can get Java to eecute the file path which contains the UT.exe and map name, however I am unsure how to load a map with the specified number of bots.

I have been looking at the UTMenuBotMatchCW class and others in that tree, which contains the code to create the tabs where it is possible to specify the number of bots, so I am guessing that I need to use this code somehow. But am unsure as to how to solve the problem. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this? Many thanks.

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
What you can do is get the program to modify (or copy & modify) the .ini file with the selected game type in it & run that ini by adding the INI= command below (if it's a copied .ini), other command lines I know of are INI=UTFileName.ini Log=Logname.log Name=YourName Skin=SkinName Team=TeamNumber User=UserFile.ini Voice=VoiceName & Class=ClassName

~[Sixpack]-Shambler-

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
k,
If you want to start up a UTDM game with 11 bots & translocator say, you can get your program to copy UnrealTournament.ini & name the copy QuickStart.ini (as example) ..... Inside that file under [Botpack.DeathMatchPlus] you can get your program to modify the options bUseTranslocator=True & InitialBots=11 & then save the ini file.....Then just get it to run the command line UnrealTournament.exe Dm-Deck16][?game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus INI=QuickStart.ini
That's just an example of what you can do, there are many more options you can change in the .ini

~[Sixpack]-Shambler-

Quisak

Feb 5, 2002
England
Visit site
I am writing to say thanks for your help [Sixpack]-Shambler. I think I can now see how to go about solving the problem, I just need to code it. I didn't know many of those ini commands you told me about and that has made my life a lot easier:tup: