PDA

View Full Version : Eeeeeek!!

Rainbow6
29th Jan 2002, 08:10 PM
What code do I need to make a UT pistol that reloads and all that stuff? Is there a mod that I can refer to for scripts??

Sorry for asking the same question in two posts.. :o

Thanks in advance,
-Rainbow Six

Wormbo
30th Jan 2002, 08:17 AM
If you mean automatically reload after a certain amount of ammo is used, look at the code of UnrealShare.AutoMag or EIBotpackUpgrade.EI_EnforcerReload. Enhanced Items mod from my homepage (members.tripod.de/easwormbo):D

Rainbow6
30th Jan 2002, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I'll check out the Enhanced Items. Thanks abunch!

-Rainbow Six

WheatPuppet
1st Feb 2002, 09:33 AM
I want you to post that tutorial for the Enhanced Items mutator. I am in the uncomfortable position in uscript where I would know what everything means if I could figure out where the hell all these out-of-class references come from. I find it quite irritating. I get it but I can't get it.

Rainbow6
1st Feb 2002, 06:45 PM
Hey!

I checked out the Enhanced Items, but no help. It has all that Slave/Master junk, and it uses stuff from it's Parent. (EnhancedWeapon)

And, how do I align the Muzzle Flash in the first person view? What variables control that? Is there a way other than hacking at it?

KEWL MOD, THOUGH!

-Rainbow Six

WheatPuppet
4th Feb 2002, 06:54 AM
I had this idea, but have not had the time to implement it yet:
Copy the code of a weapon into a text file and comment about what everything does (or at least what you can figure out) and then post that commented code to the forums and get everyone else to fill in the gaps. I thought it might help for us early coders. Would people actually pay attention to me if I did that?

Kangus
4th Feb 2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by WheatPuppet
I had this idea, but have not had the time to implement it yet:
Copy the code of a weapon into a text file and comment about what everything does (or at least what you can figure out) and then post that commented code to the forums and get everyone else to fill in the gaps. I thought it might help for us early coders. Would people actually pay attention to me if I did that?
Damn straight we would... I've actually wanted to go through and uber comment all the base UT weapons & pickups for sometime now..... just haven't had the time or patience to do a whole weapon on my own.

WheatPuppet
4th Feb 2002, 09:31 AM
Score! As soon as I get my hands on some uscript I will comment and post unless someone beats me to it.

Wormbo
4th Feb 2002, 10:43 AM
OK, I'll continue with the tutorial, but you'll need some knowledge in UnrealScript to understand it. (only basic stuff)

WheatPuppet
4th Feb 2002, 01:15 PM
Basic knowledge I have, it is all the specific class-reference that I need exposure to (i.e. zoneinfo.gravity or whatever). It's the stuff that only appears once (as in only one weapon or pickup, like carrying dual enforcers) that needs explaining.