some new pics of my SP map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

thechief7

Playmate
Oct 27, 2001
My room
Thanks, I really tried to do something different and original with the pillars
I looked closely and didn't see any BSP errors
Here's a new pic of what the temple looks like now, which IMO is an improvement

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
you are getting better
align the rocks better, and making a sheet with unlit lavatexture isnt lava, lava has too glow, soo make the lava glow, low radius, high brightness, **** red lights on the lava, soo the rocks are being coloured by it

thechief7

Playmate
Oct 27, 2001
My room
Yah I should mention that those old pics were unfinished, they're already almost a week old
Here's a better shot of the whole temple, I still need to tweek the lighting some, and of course fix the texture alignment

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
looks nice.

ill be sure to check it when its released...

but sheet skybox's are not cool. sheet mountains i mean. :/

thechief7

Playmate
Oct 27, 2001
My room
Thanks for the feedback!:D
Hey Mister Cope how else can I do the sheet mountains?
Isn't that the way everybody makes them?

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
they can look ok./ and those dont seem to be the worst, though i can only see part of your skybox...

but actuall terrain in the skybox, like in projectx2 for example, looks better.

luggage also uses some util that makes texture based skybox's of incredible quality. you can check em out on his site and ask him more about it, because i only know they look stupidly good.

[edit]
shot.asp
terragen. it makes stuff like that. i dont know how to use it yet but i think ill find out :D

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen[/edit]

Last edited:

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
The only hook with these 'EnvMaps' is that if you want them in proper high resolution, you get 54 textures to pack with your map, which is, er, 1 MB more. But still the result is stunning IMO :)