Zundy's new toy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Well I picked up my new Bulgarian Makarov today :)

If what I've heard about how the serial numbers work on these I think mine is from 1986, but it is definitly a mil-surp Mak.

Anyway, I look forward to hitting the range with this (hopefully this weekend). :)

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Do you like such middle-aged guns ? (normal for a middle-age guy ! ;)

note: Woot I have about just 1000 post less than you !

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I wouldn;t mind of of those new hicap, high impulse PMMs myself
Same here, but thanks to Comrade Klinton we can't import them into the US anymore :mad:

I'd love a Baikal 442 in 9x19 :(
http://baikalinc.ru/eng/prod/hguns/baikal442/

baikal442.gif

(if that's a mag release button under the slide release then damnnit I really want one)

I think the Mak will make a fine CCW gun, but frankly I'm just as happy lugging around my Steyr M40 ... it's only slightly larger ;) (the same size as a Glock 23)

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I tell you what Gholam, I'll box up my Makarov, 2 boxes of Wolf 9x18 FMJ and 1 box of Hornady 9x18 JHP and ship them to you if you box up the M16 and ship it to me :D

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
I still like my new toy better. NFA without the hassle and paperwork. Gotta love it.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I like the original "commie-star" grips :)

Also after carrying the Mak all day today I've decided that even though my Steyr is larger and heavier it's much more comfortable to wear IWB.

The safety, sights, lanyard hoop, back corner of the slide, back corner of the grip and the hammer on the Mak all tend to poke me in the back (especialy when driving) whereas the Steyr is smooth with no sharp corners.

So I think I'll stick with the Steyr for self defense (also having 11 .40S&W 165gr Gold Dots instead of 9 9x18mm 95gr Hornady JHPs is a bit more reassuring ;) ).

Last edited:

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

how much did you pay for it, maybe I'll convince my dad to allow me to buy it :)

Sweep

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
FYI for anyone else wanting one, you can find them for around $100-$125 in the Shotgun News from various advertisers. You should be able to pick up a SGN at your local Super Walmart or something similar with alot of gun magazines.

Online, the only place I know of with Maks for good prices is currently sold out, J&G Sales. $109 was the price, supposedly have em back in a few weeks. http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=111&CATID=597&ObjectGroup_ID=1918