1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundy's new little friend

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zundfolge, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Mad_Dog

Mad_Dog Voice Of Reason

sorry zundfolge...:D

god you're obtuse... no, you jumping a cop because they are "provoking" you by talking about communism is stupid. j00r mah h3r0!

2. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

I really would like a gun, but I'll wait till I'm 21.

me and my dad are going to fix up his old 12 gage, so that it can accually deffend the house. :rolleyes:

its been sittin there as "the gun" for 10 years, and in a moldy cruddy bathroom no doubt.

3. Ballistophobia

Ballistophobia Hedonistic Forum Panacea

Quality over quantity guy! :p

C'mon Zundy, you gotta admit that is a beautiful gun, bro. :)

4. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

It's nice, but I'd put the quality of this Steyr up against any Sig you care to throw at me:)

If I wanted a compensated gun, it would be pretty high on the list.

5. Antedeluge

Antedeluge I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.

Real men don't need compensators.

6. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

I wouldn't go that far.

In IPSC competition you just about have to have a compensated gun to be competative.

And with a large caliber short barrelled lightweight gun like a 16oz. Taurus Model 617 UltraLite Titanium .357mag you just about need the compensator to make the gun useful for more then one shot :)
    [​IMG]

7. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

*snort*

It isn't perfect polymer if it's not Glock.

IPSC is becoming more of a game than anything else. IDPA-SSP is where the real men are hanging.

8. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Sorry for taking this a little bit off course, but what is a 'communist control act'?? Since I'm not US citizen(I suppose it's something from the US) I never heard about that one..

For getting back on-topic. SIG is nice, Glock is nice and Steyr is nice, but there's no argument against the worlds most tested gun: The Beretta M9. Safe, reliable and available in 9x19, 9x21(Beretta 98) and .40S&W(Beretta 96). And if you think 5 inch is too long the Centurion is available..

NOTE: most tested means actual tests(US Army trials etc - otherwise I guess the 1911 or FN HP would fit better..)

Snakeye :D

9. Sweep

Sweep New Member

Do you have a carry/compact pistol yet Zund? I need to get some kind of carry pistol and a CCW here sometime. Been meaning too for forever but haven't gotten around to it. I was kinda looking at the UZI/Jericho compact 9s, not sure if they're quite small enough though...

I've got a Taurus PT92AF for a full size 9mm, but it's big/bulky enough that it wouldn't be too ideal for me to carry on my person all the time. I've been really happy with the Taurus though for a fullsize pistol BTW, shoots really nice.

10. Mad_Dog

Mad_Dog Voice Of Reason

if ever i get a pistol, i'll seriously think about the Glock 36. looks like a nice weapon... anyone ever tried one of these? am i talking out of my ass or no?:D

11. ragingsamster

ragingsamster oldfartis nongratis

I have an older (mid '70s) Smith&Wesson model 59 2 14 round magazines and a bunch of ammo that I haven't had a chance to put through it this year, but me and my son went up and shot it last year, it was my first 9mm. I kinda like the control of it over a 45, and I really like the amount of ammo per magazine