1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundy's new little friend

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zundfolge, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

Well I picked up my Steyr M-40 today :D

I'll hopefully get to the range this weekend and give you guys a full report. :D

Ok...one more :D

2. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

How much did it cost you?

3. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Does it really matter how much it costs? Austrian quality is priceless!

Snakeye :D

4. RogueLeader

Yes it does, because I need to know if its a better deal than the Sig Pro I've got my eye on.

5. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

You really buy guns? After all I read from you I had thought you'd stab a cop and take his, then rob a gun shop..

Though robbing a gun shop is not always a good idea, as some dumb criminals found out..and since you don't seem dumb that throws over my theory..

Snakeye :D
    PS: Buy a Beretta 92FS with integral laser aiming module - my dad has one and it just handles sweet.

6. RogueLeader

Yes I actually pay for it. We few people who still believe in rights have to look out for each other, so I'm not going to rob my allies. Doesn't mean I'm buying it from a legally registered gun dealer though. If I did that I couldn't buy a gun, it being illegal for me and all. Plus it costs more from a dealer.

Edit: And btw, I have learned that attacking a cop while you are unarmed is not a good idea if there are 3 other ones nearby. Let this be a lesson to anyone who attacks the pigs when they start taunting you and your friends who are peacefully demonstrating.

7. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

I got it used (the guy who owned it had put 300 rounds through it, so it's 99% new). With 2 magazines, hard case and a gift certificate for $35 from Steyr (they recalled the M-40s to correct a minor problem with the trigger, upon replacement of the trigger they gave out $35 gift certificates...I'm going to get an additional magazine with it).

I paid the guy $375 (which I think is a steal)

with shipping and handling and paying an FFL to handle the transfer on this end the total came to $430 (and the FFL threw in a box of 165gr flat point FMJs for an extra $10)

I found the gun through www.gunbroker.com
    (BTW there's another one for sale there starting bidding at $399..it's been up several times before but nobody had bought it so I imagine if one was to bid $399 they would get if for that)

8. RogueLeader

Thats a hundred dollars cheaper than the Sig Pro, but i'm comparing to the price of a new one. Tell me how well it handles.

9. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

enjoy your toy :D

phatcat notes that guns are not toys, and are not to be played with

10. Ballistophobia

Ballistophobia Hedonistic Forum Panacea

Zundy! Pick this up next!!

[​IMG]

As soon as it's November 28th, 2002 I know Ima pick that sweet thing up! :D

11. Curtz

Curtz New Member

Rogue, you told me about this on IRC. I feel I have to point out that that was a perfectly peaceful, demonstration untill YOU hit the cop. ;D

12. RogueLeader

I don't care how peaceful the cop was. When you start making references to the Communist Control Act, you are going down. That is one of my buttons you don't want to push.

13. RogueLeader

And btw Curtz, would the the pigs even be gathering around a peaceful protest, let alone provoking us?

14. Mad_Dog

Mad_Dog Voice Of Reason

rogue... that is stupid, and just fu<i></i>cking immature. that's what cause governments to build walls and fences around summits and conferences. way to go, :tup::rolleyes: .

15. RogueLeader

The police taunting peaceful demonstrators is what makes the government build walls?

16. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

/me starts pistol whipping everyone for taking my thread off course

17. RogueLeader

Pistol whip? Don't you have ammo? Use that gun the way it was meant to be used...

18. Ballistophobia

Ballistophobia Hedonistic Forum Panacea

/me pistol whips Zundy with his 1911 pellet gun for not buying a P226S already!

19. erehwoN

erehwoN The Bass Ackwards BTL

Congrats on your new addition to your family Zundy. How do the sights "feel" when you aim. Well, I guess you can't really say yet since you haven't shot it yet. I would think that it would take some getting used to, but in the end it seems very practical. Let us know.:)

20. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

the sights don't seem all that bad...I imagine I'll like them (will have to see how accurate I am with them to be sure). But they seem to acquire quite quickly, and I think it will take much less time to adjust to them then I thought.

The gun takes down much like a Glock, so field stripping can be done in about 4 seconds.

Hey Ballisto...for what that Sig would cost, I could buy another one of these, several boxes of ammo, and a lot of time at the range :p

Plus if I get one of the Sig sports, I'll get either the P229S (.40S&W) or the P220S (.45acp) not the 9mm ;)

And Rogue, I'm not gonna shoot you because right now all I have are 165gr. flat point, full metal jacketed rounds...If I'm gonna shoot someone I want to use the high velocity ProLoad 135gr JHPs (much greater incapacitation) :)