Zound55 randomly stops working

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PushPull99

Jun 24, 2008
Hi Proasm,

don't know if there is a more suitable forum, but I'll post here anyway:
After upgrading to Zound55 I see it randomly stops working. When it does, the menu is still available - but it says "unlimited sounds", and no sounds are working. I have a limit on 15 sounds per round, which is displayed when Zound works. When Zound fails it starts working again on next map. The intro music (which is suppose to only appear once) is then played over again when starting the next map. I'm running Zound55 on 2 x TAM servers.

Have you guys heard of similar behaviour? How can I troubleshoot this issue?

In advance, thank you.
Best regards,
Paul

Last edited:

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
hmm, i never heard something like this. Could you post your inis for verification?

PushPull99

Jun 24, 2008
Sure, anything to get this sorted. I had no issues like this on v54.
Let me know if you need the entire list of sounds. Just including the 3 first in this paste:

[Zound55.ZoundConfigs]
ZoundPass=***
bZound=True
ShowTrigger=True
ShowToSelf=False
bAnnounce=True
AnnounceOnce=True
NoSpecToPlayer=False
Say24HourTime=True
InGameZound=True
UseChatLog=False
UseChatFilter=False
UsePlayerList=False
bBotsTalk=False
SoundDelay=5
LoginDelay=1
DelaysEach=1
SoundsEach=15
RepeatDelay=10

[Zound55.ZoundPlayerList]
ListedPlayer=(NickName="Nickname",UniqueID="abcf542decB88f1aaa64fde7c891abce")

[Zound55.ZoundPlayerBan]
BannedPlayer=(NickName="Nickname",UniqueID="abcf542decB88f1aaa64fde7c891abce")

[Zound55.ZoundFilter]
Filter=(CensorWord="@%$&",BadWords="******,jew,****")

[Zound55.ZoundTriggers]
SortTriggerList=False
Zounds=(SoundName="100miles",TriggerName="100miles",DedicatedOnly=True,HideInMenu=False,AdminOnly=False,Random=0,Filename="iTS-COOLv2.uax")
Zounds=(SoundName="10Sec",TriggerName="10Sec",DedicatedOnly=True,HideInMenu=False,AdminOnly=False,Random=0,Filename="iTS-TAM-1.uax")
Zounds=(SoundName="10YO",TriggerName="10YO",DedicatedOnly=True,HideInMenu=False,AdminOnly=False,Random=0,Filename="iTS-TAM-1.uax")
Zounds=(SoundName="20pSkill",TriggerName="20pSkill",DedicatedOnly=True,HideInMenu=False,AdminOnly=False,Random=0,Filename="iTS-COOLv2.uax")

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
could you please check your server.ini, your startup-script and maybe your ut2vote.ini, if there is any place, where you point at v54 or any other version of zound. And also delete any v54-files (or older) left in your system-dir.

Anything usefull in the server.log?

can you replicate this behaviour on another server? maybe your home-pc?

Last edited:

PushPull99

Jun 24, 2008
Hi,

first of all, no reference to v54 in ut2004.ini. However, I still had the v54 files in my system folder. They are now removed, and I played the server for 2-3 hours yesterday without the issue occuring.

Nothing relevant logged in the logfiles either.

When it comes to reproducing the problem, that's probably gonna be a bit hard as it appears completely sporadic. Anyway, I will keep you updated once I've checked the server over a period of time, after wiping the v54 files.

Paul

PushPull99

Jun 24, 2008
update

Hi,

I didn't really follow up here, as I ended up thinking this was a local issue on my UT installation. Now I've installed UT on another computer, and I realized I just got the same issue.

What I can add of info is that it doesn't happen to everyone at the same time. I've asked if ppl can hear the zounds when they suddenly stop working on my end, and they can. It's completely random when it stops working.

When it comes to reproducing the problem I can say that the problem is on all 3 of my servers. Although I'm using the same zoundfiles and same config on all 3 servers.

Any help you guys can give me is much appreciated.
Best regards

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
well, i'm not good in theese random-things... What i see is, you have some spaces in [Zound55.ZoundTriggers] in the word "Fa lse", but i don't think that's the reason for your problems.

do the sounds only stop working on your end? You say, they work for others, when they stop working for you. This looks more like a client-problem, but i'm just guessing here...

ProAsm is the man to get hold on for this thing ;)

PushPull99

Jun 24, 2008
Hi,

the space in "false" must be a wrong paste in here. The original .ini's are without any spaces and auto-generated.

Are there any other forums that ProAsm checks, where I might post?

What I can say is that sounds randomly stops working. When it does it appears to be a local problem. Menu still works, but it says 'unlimited zounds' instead of 15 remaining. "Local problem", meaning zound doesn't appear to stop working for everyone playing on the server at the same time.

For a while I thought this was a local issue with one of my UT installations only. However, I run 3 servers with Zound v55, with same config. I recently figured out that I'm having the same problem on all 3 servers. I have also been able to reproduce the problem from 3 different UT2K4 installations, on these 3 servers. So I assume zound stops working for everyone from time to time.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
i'd say the best would be to mail proasm (info-at-proasm.com). I already tried icq, but no success.

I really can't help with this. I only may guess, that it's something with your zound-files, if they are self-made. Your inis look fine to me.

Sorry...

PushPull99

Jun 24, 2008
Hi,

the email address appears to be invalid. Could you doublecheck please, or maybe ask him to take a brief look at the thread if you have him on ICQ or other places ?

In advance, thank you.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Sorry guys I been kinda out of action for sometime but will try and help where possible.
Basically when you get the message Unlimited Zounds, that means Zound has found more than 9999 sounds in the installation and will stop working.
Try reducing the number of sounds.
Oh and the email has changed as that produced too much spam, so try proasm at gmail dot com :)