Zound52B2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Zound52 Beta 2

This is a MAJOR update and puts Zound on a new footing :)

Before I continue, we need to test this beta as it has a lot to test and will probably have some bugs already.
Also I will attend to Misty's problem later when I can understand it.

Fixes and Additions

1. Hopefully fixed the problem with the AdminOnly=True situation.
This needs carefull testing to make sure as it does not make sense to me.

2. Added a Menu.
If a player now uses any of the old commands (Mutate Zound off/on) it will be converted to Mutate ZoundMenu which should be the only command from here onwards.
If its just a player a small menu will popup on his screen giving him the option to Disable or Enable his Zound (Sets Zound=0 or Zound=1 in his User.ini)
It will also immediately disable or enable him.
Disabled Zound users can still call the Time - time? - which is now also ?time.

3. Zound Admin.
In the Zound.ini file at the top there now is a ZoundPass=
For an Admin to login he uses the command Mutate ZoundLogin password
For an Admin to logout, he either presses the Logout button in the Menu, or logs in again with Mutate ZoundLogin password or uses Mutate ZoundLogout.
When an Admin now calls up the Menu Mutate ZoundMenu he will have every Zound configuration available to him now :)

4. Added A PlayerList.
When the Admin is in the Menu and the Use Defined Player List is checked or UsePlayerList=True in the ini file, then by double clicking on and of the Player Nicknames, the Admin will Add or Remove a player from the PlayerList.
Using the PlayerList, UsePlayerList=True, then ONLY the players in that PlayerList will have access to Zound.
Othe players will be normal as if Zound does not exist except they will have the time? option.

5. Added a PlayerBan List.
Any player who is in this list will not have Zound available to him and will not be able to get the Menu either or send any commands.
He will however have the time? option.
To Add/Remove players from the PlayerBanList, UsePlayerList=False must be the case, or the Use Defined Player List in the Menu must be unchecked.

6. InGameZound
This is the un-documented bGameZound that has changed to InGameZound and is also available in the Menu.

7. UseHandler2=False
This is been added on a temporary basis to test another BroadcastHandler.
With UseHandler2=False, Zound will work as before, but with it True, another handler, similar to the one used in ServerExt will be used and this is where I need it tested.
With it set to True, I also need to know what effects it has on current situations that works properly.
Maybe the final solution will be a built in Chat and Filter, but I do want to try and avoid that.

Please report back even the most minor things.

NB. Zound now needs a ServerPackages=Zound52B2.Zound

Just watch the ini copying and pasting.

http://www.proasm.com/files/beta/zound52b2.zip

;)

PS. If you think you need help with testing then lets pull someone else in but not someone who is only interested in one problem and not general.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
[Zound52B2.ZPlayerList]

[Zound52B2.ZPlayerBan]

syntax for these?

also i brought in Assraker..he actually is one that found the AdminOnly issue...but he'll be a great tester for everything i think. I need help on this one.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Great stuff.

The syntax will get there by itself from when you select in the menu.
Just ban youself or someone, and add someone to the list and you can see the syntax.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
ProAsm said:
2. Added a Menu.
If a player now uses any of the old commands (Mutate Zound off/on) it will be converted to Mutate ZoundMenu which should be the only command from here onwards.
If its just a player a small menu will popup on his screen giving him the option to Disable or Enable his Zound (Sets Zound=0 or Zound=1 in his User.ini)
It will also immediately disable or enable him.
Disabled Zound users can still call the Time - time? - which is now also ?time.

tested works 100%...love the menu..

ProAsm said:
3. Zound Admin.
In the Zound.ini file at the top there now is a ZoundPass=
For an Admin to login he uses the command Mutate ZoundLogin password
For an Admin to logout, he either presses the Logout button in the Menu, or logs in again with Mutate ZoundLogin password or uses Mutate ZoundLogout.
When an Admin now calls up the Menu Mutate ZoundMenu he will have every Zound configuration available to him now :)

tested works 100%

ProAsm said:
4. Added A PlayerList.
When the Admin is in the Menu and the Use Defined Player List is checked or UsePlayerList=True in the ini file, then by double clicking on and of the Player Nicknames, the Admin will Add or Remove a player from the PlayerList.
Using the PlayerList, UsePlayerList=True, then ONLY the players in that PlayerList will have access to Zound.
Othe players will be normal as if Zound does not exist except they will have the time? option.

5. Added a PlayerBan List.
Any player who is in this list will not have Zound available to him and will not be able to get the Menu either or send any commands.
He will however have the time? option.
To Add/Remove players from the PlayerBanList, UsePlayerList=False must be the case, or the Use Defined Player List in the Menu must be unchecked.

tested from menu using ban/unban..working 100%

*still need to test playerlistonly

ProAsm said:
6. InGameZound
This is the un-documented bGameZound that has changed to InGameZound and is also available in the Menu.

tested..again working 100%

ProAsm said:
7. UseHandler2=False
This is been added on a temporary basis to test another BroadcastHandler.
With UseHandler2=False, Zound will work as before, but with it True, another handler, similar to the one used in ServerExt will be used and this is where I need it tested.
With it set to True, I also need to know what effects it has on current situations that works properly.
Maybe the final solution will be a built in Chat and Filter, but I do want to try and avoid that.

ALL ABOVE TESTING USING =FALSE

one thing that would be very nice is for clients...if you can have the disable/enable zound menu pop-up on first connect (or the message like in ut2vote)..it's not very obvious to a new user how to access the menu..

Last edited:

Assraker

I've been testing the new Zounds Beta, thanks Frogger for letting me participate!

Bugs found so far:

1. When banning a player from using zounds, the player cannot trigger a zound, which is good for that is what is desired, but it also ticks "Disable Client Zound" (can be seen after you close the zound menu and then bring it back up) effectively turning off the zounds for the admin who initiates the ban. Everyone can here zounds triggered by the admin who initiated the ban, but the admin cannot hear them himself. Attempting to uncheck "Disable Client Zound" does not fix the problem. When the player is unbanned by the admin, the admin can once again hear zounds triggered by the admin.

2. When logged in as admin, if the admin tries to trigger an admin only zound, the trigger is shown to all even if the trigger is set to be hidden in the ini file. Other triggers, which are hidden and not set as admin only work fine and are hidden as they should be. This seems to be an "admin only" bug.

On a good note, what is fixed is the bug in version 51 where the admin only zounds would only work properly if placed at the end of the triggers in the ini file. An admin zound can now be placed anywhere in the ini trigger list without breaking the triggers listed below it.

Mutators running on my server during testing:
UT2Vote51
UAdminMod95b
TLMutator-301
AntiTCC version H

Last edited:

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
i tested both true and false and everything seems to work both ways so far but in the log i get this

Warning: ZPlayerList DM-n00b.ZPlayerList (Function Zound52B2.ZPlayerList.CheckPlayerList:000C) Accessed None 'Sender'

menus are very nice addition

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Wow - you guys workin overtime :lol:
Firstly, welcome aboard Assraker, nice to have you.

Hehe, looks like I have some homework to do tomorrow.
Nice work.

Regarding a message for the client, atm thats difficult and means I need to add a ClientClass, I'll see what I can do without a ClientClass.

Frogger, bringing your post about the chatlogs here, I had a look at ServerExt and at UAdmin code and hell these guys go overboard with all the zillion and 1 options, eish, does anyone ever use them.
Anyways this is what I have done and its working great.
In the Menu you now have an additional 2 options:
Enable Zound Chat Logging
Enable Zound Chat Filtering

The Chatlog works on a daily basis, in other words each day a new Chatlog will open.
This gives the Admin the oportunity to download a previous day chatlog.
Examples
ZoundChat01.log
ZoundChat02.log
ZoundChat28.log
ZoundChat31.log
If the files are not removed, then the next month they will just get used again.
I kept the logs simple, example:

2005/08/27 - 23:55:33 - ProAsm : This is just a basic test message.

The ChatFilter
This too, is basic and does what its intended to do, gets rid of unwanted swear words.
I chose a Structured syntax over a single word columb like in other Chat setups.
The syntax is as follows in the ini file.
Code:
[Zound52B3.ZoundFilter]
Filter=(CensorWord="****",BadWords="badword1,badword2,badword3,badword10,")
Filter=(CensorWord="----",BadWords="wtf,fu2,fu,dick,prick,foff,")
LOL, had to change it as this forum censors me also :)
The first one will be auto written if its missing as an example.
I chose this way so you can have many words in one line seperated by commas.
Also you can have a different CensorWord for different bunches of BadWords.
Note, the last character must be a comma.

Now a question:
Should the Chatlog happen before or after filtering ?
Currently its set for before.

As a test I set it for both and this is what the filter does:

2005/08/28 - 00:05:33 - ProAsm : ok prick wtf you doing with badword2
2005/08/28 - 00:05:33 - ProAsm : ok ---- ---- you doing with ****

;)

Last edited:

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
log then filter..

basic is all i think is needed or used by 90%

syntax looks good.

having a new log each day is great..i have always fought having one continuous one..because you have to stop the server for it to write to it and be able to pull.

Last edited: