UE2 - UT2kX Zone portals cut terrain

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mircea

Feb 25, 2008
I have a problem with a map I'm working on. I made a BSP zone portal made of a simple flat sheet brush and separated my map into two different areas with it. I assigned each side it's own Zoneinfo which is recognized correctly for each area in part. However I use one terrain which must be common to both zones and my terrain gets cut over the zone portal and doesn't get rendered in the other zone any more, even if both zone infos have bTerrainZone set to true. Why does that happen? Is there any way to make my terrain work across the zoneportal and usable in both zones without getting cut out?

Mircea

Feb 25, 2008
I'm not using mine to occlude meshes or hide stuff behind it, I just need two different zones each with its own settings and name and I found using a BSP portal more suitable then using a volume in my situation. Of course if there is nothing that can be done to stop cutting the terrain I will use volumes instead of zoneportals, but I'd like to keep the portal if something can be done about this one. As for the anti-portal, I can't use one because I don't need it to hide what's behind it, it would ruin my whole map... I only need the zones.