Zone Portal Smearing...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SnowCrash

Oct 19, 2000
Ten years from now.
soon
Hello PPL,

Has it ever happened to anyone else? A king of smearing, as though a part of the map gets pasted across your view as you change orientation? Any fixes?

Thanx for any thoughts suggestions

S.C.

SnowCrash

Oct 19, 2000
Ten years from now.
soon
Well yeah at 4-5am maybe I can be pardoned for a typo. And yeah it is, as I have come to learn HOM, and or BSP holes. Now that that's established, does anyone else have any links and or constructive info?

Thanx n advance

S.C.

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Is the smearing confined *just* to the Zone portal?
Are you already looking through one Zone Portal when you see at the second one?

--Nut

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
this has happened to me, plenty of time :D

take on of the sheets you have blocking one of the zone portals and rotate it in the overhead wireframe view. rebuild, and test. if that doesnt work, rotate the other. i had to do that over and over until i found the right combo, and it works now.

Jenkins

SnowCrash

Oct 19, 2000
Ten years from now.
soon
Thanx all, that was very constructive info;

Phragmites I did and it was very helpful.

NutWrench yes, I kind of knew it would be easier to do by building the structure in question in an enclosed space, but I wanted it out in the "open" for visual effect and sniper access.

Jenkins hmmmm sounds reasonable, I'll give it a shot.

Thanx again.

S.C.