1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZOMG! I forgot my technique!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trentdaddy, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Trentdaddy

Trentdaddy Interface with me by entering my face.

Hey, you remember that cool ice effect I used on my Sub-Zero sig? Its right...oh wait, its my current one.

It has been a while since I truly messed with Photoshop and I forgot how to completly obtain this end result. This saddens me because it is my most proudest work (probably my most unique, I have yet to see a img with a similar effect). I was also amazed how I got such a great effect by mainly filter whoring. (maybe a gradient or two)

I kinda hate that I am going to the PUBLIC to relearn my OWN PRIVATE technique...not that I can really claim it as mine, but it was just something I was so proud of.

If anybody is willing to help, see if you can obtain this technique, and if you can, I will lend what I remember of it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I kind of figured it out. I've actually found a way to make it better. Another reason why I wanted it so deperately is that I was thinking of making a tutorial for this effect at http://pixel2life.com . Now that I found a better way to do it, I can keep the better way to myself for the time being and give the "watered down" version to the public.

EDIT 2.001b: BTW, I'm testing out a random.php now, it is now possible that my sig image may change. If so, the sig was a sub-zero sig with an icy background. I use various techniques with mixed Plastic Wrap in Photoshop which makes it almost realistically ice like (or I guess blue plasti c like, lol).

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  2. Turret 49

Turret 49 Doomer at heart

Is it using the Plastic Wrap Filter?

3. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

You mean the white effect in the background ? I don't know about PhotoShop but in PSP something similar could probably be done in part using the wax effect.

4. Trentdaddy

Trentdaddy Interface with me by entering my face.

Yeah, it is Plastic Wrap. But to acheive that exact effect, multiple steps are needed to obtain it. That is what I was asking for (I couldn't for the life of me remember how I got it like that). It is mostly a filter trick than anything, but you can use some various things to enhance it.

I'm still not COMPLETLY sure how I got that, but I can get near it.